Pages

Monday, May 04, 2009

More Elusive than the White Whale....

....Is the White Nailpolish. The perfect white nail polish, that is.

Having dedicated myself as of late to (fake!) tanning, and been pretty successful (going once a week to Glow Mist On and supplementing with Nivea Gradual Tanning lotion), I am ready to switch my nail coolr from the pinks and mauves of early spring to the creamy opaque beachy color I always try to find and never can.

Here is what it has to be:

1)Offwhitish color
2)OPAQUE. So many colors look opaque in the bottle but you have to do like 4 coats to get it to look right and I cannot sit still long enough or 4 coats to dry.
3)Not Opalescent or pearly or any of that. Just a nice, pretty white/cream solid colored nail polish.

Any reccomendations? Your reward would be me not taking pictures of the color I have on now that I thought was nude colored but in the light of day is a vomitous shade of peach.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Essie nailpolish in Waltz, the Essie polish in Ballet slippers. Yes, you apply both (ballet slippers first then waltz on top) I get more compliments on these colors, and almost everytime I am in the nail salon other woman see the color and they use it too! The waltz is very pretty alone too, but together they will give you the EXACT color you are looking for. I live in Quincy too, and I love Fairy Nails in Quincy center. The place is kind of dumpy (but very clean, I am a nurse and a clean freak) and for $20 a pedicure that lasts 1hr (even 2 one time) you cant beat it. Ask for Hien, she always spends 1-1 1/2 hrs on my pedicures, then I give her a great tip, so next time she works on you even longer! they have all OPI and Essie polishes.
Happy Spring!!!

Taylor

AMStarkey said...

Essie nailpolish in Marshmellow!

Holly said...

I was also going to recommend Essie Ballet Slippers - every time I've seen it, it looks great on.

Mrs.Preppy said...

OPI Bubble Bath is great. It is what Giada wears.

hope505 said...

MAC has a good opaque white...the MAC saleslady was trying to get me to buy some over the weekend...
* ; )

Unknown said...

I like Essie Limo-scene

Sarah said...

Thanks girls!! I love that I don't even need to troll Google anymore I can just blog about my query and all you knowledgable ladies respond. :-)

Erin said...

Where can I buy Essie nailpolish? Is it sold at a national drug store or something like that? I've never heard of it, but maybe that's because I live in Georgia... I can never find a white polish I like. I usually end up just using clear.

Sarah said...

I'm not sure what drug stores sell Essie...I know most nail salons do though!

Anonymous said...

Essie is also sold in most beauty supply stores.

Anonymous said...

Essie is also sold in most beauty supply stores...

Rebecca said...

I'm always chasing that perfect shade of nudish white that Giada DeLaurentis seems to always wear. And truthfully, even when I do find something that I *think* is close, I never love it on me. But I WILL find it one day...