Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cinco Things I am Into Lately

1) Listening to "The Shirelles" station on Pandora (thanks Danielle!).
You really can't hear "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" too many times, if you ask me.







I sometimes feel it is my lot in life to explain to people who see me buying/drinking this magnificent wine that ROSE is not WHITE ZINFANDEL, so often do I see wrinkled noses. White Zinfandel is made only from the zinfandel grape and was created by Sutter Home as a response to the white wine craze of the 80s and their surplus of Zinfandel grapes. Some Muscat is usually thrown in the mix which explains the sticky sweet taste of White Zin which appeals to some, and I am NOT judging (there is nothing worse than a wine snob!) but it does not appeal to me. Rose, on the other hand, can be made from any red grape, not just Zinfandel grapes, and tends to hold onto the characteristics of red wine more than White Zin. It's drier. Fruity without being too sweet. Juicy. I like to think of it like the summer version of the grape it's created from. Love a big purpley glass of Pinot Noir in the winter? Try a Pinot Noir Rose in the summer and try not to love it. DELICIOUS! The perfect summer wine if you ask me. This particular rose has a kind of dry strawberry thang going on and is perfect-o super chilled on a warm night. Oh and it's around $9 a bottle. What's not to love?


3) The availability of free turbo shots at Dunkin Donuts. There was a time when one of these would set my teeth a-chattering all morning long. Now? Totally into it. Sorry caffeine addiction, looks like this is not the year you will be kicked!




You know when you aren't looking for something good to watch, that's what you find the best thing EVER to watch. I was flipping around on Sunday night and this movie was just starting on HBO. Having heard some critical acclaim for it last year I decided to settle in and watch it and am SO glad I did. What a great movie!!!! It's based on the life stories of the eccentric aunt and first cousin of Jackie Onassis, played by Drew Barrymore and the fabulous Jessica Lange and though we are supposed to feel bad for then ultimately, I spent a lot of the movie wishing I WAS them. And also that I had an accompanist to follow me around and be at all times ready to jump on a piano when I feel like singing. Please go watch it.


5) Vintage hair clips on Etsy.


I have gotten heavily into the low, messy bun. But with an unruly weave such as mine, clips are a necessity and I am loving some of the vintage finds on yours and my favorite addiction, Etsy.

Check out the sellers here , here, here, here, here and here

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I think you should make Adam learn to play the keyboard, and he can just carry this around all day and night! http://img.shopsafe.com.au/shop/oo_com_au/origimages/37key_electronic_rollable_piano_keyboard_lightweight_and_portable_oo_com_au_o.jpg