Pages

Monday, September 08, 2008

Getting Old, Being Bold

I never cared much for pastels. As pretty and girly as they are - frankly I am too loud a person for such soft colors.

I knew it in 1987 at my aunt's Easter Party.

Easter 1987

My cousin sent me this photo today and when I saw it, I was struck with the familiarity of me in that bright color surrounded by pretty ladies in pastels.

jenn's bridal shower
(20 years later at my friend Jenn's bridal shower)

I may be loud but I am nothing if not consistent. Holla!

4 comments:

Sitcomgirl said...

I love that you are wearing the same shade of turquoise in both pics.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Love it. Frankly, pastels wash me out. I don't generally do them either. (I wore a dress the EXACT same color on our last cruise!)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oh, I'm with you... no pastels for me. I'll take red any day!

Rebecca said...

That's not being loud! It's being bold, bright, vivacious -- clearly a representation of your personality!

I, am not a pastel girl. Not at all...