Pages

Monday, July 07, 2008

The Cleanse

A while ago I picked up the latest and greatest in Oprah's Book Club - The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. The fact that I had to locate it in the New Age section of my local bookstore was slightly off putting at first (Does this mean I have to start listening to John Tesh?), but I decided to give it a try anyway.

This book really makes you think about yourself intently. And I mean I love to think about myself but I don't often really EXAMINE the life I am living what I am doing and why I am doing it. Without waxing to philosophical this book inspired me to make some changes.

And I decided to start, like my girl O did, with what I put in my body. And since I love a challenge so I am doing a 21-day cleanse made famous by Oprah and Chef Tal Ronnen which basically boils down to:

No sugar

No caffeine

No alcohol

No gluten

No animal products


For 21 days. If nothing else I just want to see if I can do it, and hopefully gain a more thoughtful attitude towards what I eat and why. Adam is doing the cleanse with me because frankly I forced him to (more or less) although he gets more into it the more we talk about it. I have completely taken charge of our menu. I am currently on Day Two - for more click over to The Pink Shoe Cookbook where I will be checking in every day with my daily menu and recipes, things I've learned, frustrations, etc.

I will need something to keep me occupied while I am NOT drinking wine.