Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Local Art Loving

Since I am always looking to expand my meager art collection, I was excited to hear about the Brookline Open Studios happening this past weekend. I invited my cousin Anna, who is always down for such things, and we agreed to meet at The Fireplace at noon today and drive/walk around to the different studios.

We visited studios and saw all kinds of art: photography, painting, multi-media, jewlery, pottery, glass and so on. I wish I could speak more intelligently about it but suffice it to say there as A LOT of nice stuff and we had a blast chatting up the different artists, walking around Brookline in the gorgeous weather, buying a few pieces that struck our fancy.

Sometimes I feel like an art groupie. Lord knows I can't create anything myself but I sure am a fan of artists. And it's always cool to come across something that speaks to you creatively. It expands the mind, oui?

At the end of the day I had a slew of pretty photo postcards from the super nice Gloria Carrigg, some gorge earrings from Deborah Costolloe's collection of beautiful silver jewlery, and this FABULOUS platter from potter Kingsley Weihe



Love it.

So if you are into seeing fantastic original works of art, supporting the local artist community and hanging out in oh so adorable Brookline, check it out tomorrow (Sunday) from 11-6!

Or next weekend explore the Fort Point Studios at their Spring Art Walk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you support the arts. *Contented sigh.* People like you make my world go 'round. (o;