Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Shopping Challenge

One of my coworkers has a friend who is a personal shopper, something I have always thought would be a dream job. I said as much to her and she told me that, while it can be fun, it can also be really stressful. Like any service-oriented job, you have good, easy to handle clients and then you have the not so good clients. Some are very picky, and you can end up having to look for a v-neck shirt that shows a specific amount of clavicle in every boutique in town. Sometimes a client will just say "I have XX amount of money and need three new outfits for a cruise" and the personal shopper will go forth with a budget that is not as big as you might think, and have to make the best of it. While this is challenging I am sure, it also sounds kind of fun!

So, I have a challenge for all you fashionista bloggers out there:

Put together a cute ensemble for a party, for under $50.00. It must include at least clothes and shoes but if you want to try for a matching handbag and jewelry like I did then by all means do it! And if you decide to accept this challenge, let me know so I can check it out.

My $50 ensemble (I am really into navy and gold, lately)


George Jersey Wrap Dress from Walmart - $14.00



Frame Clutch in Gold from Target - $14.99



Mimi Thong in Gold from Payless - $9.99


Gold Circle Necklace from Claire's - $8.50

Total: $47.48


Check out some more fabulous under-$50 ensembles from Lys , Krista, Grace , Ali Rose, Marci, Peg, Jenni , the Princess, Primp My Ride and Brittany!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dress was only $14? it's so cute!
~jeannie

Sarah said...

i know! i am normally not into walmart but their "George" line is super cute!

Lys said...

This is a CHALLENGE! Oy! My inner shopper is questioning how good of a bargain hunter I am.

Good choices, Sarah!

Greens and Pinks said...

I think you're on the right track with choosing a dress. I will investigate this further when I am not on a computer circa 1986, but my first instinct is to go with a wrap dress from either Old Navy or Target, check out the shoes at Target as well, and accessorize at Claire's. I'm not kidding about Claire's either - I've gotten some really cute, tasteful stuff there that doesn't scream "I'm 13 and spent my babysitting money at Claire's."

Sarah said...

seriously, i think between target and old navy and claire's you could never spend OVER $50 on an outfit if you wanted to.

Jenni said...

Cute outfit!

I'm up for the challenge! What a great idea!!! I'll let you know when my outfit is ready. ;)

Krista said...

My outfit is ready!

Krista said...

oops, the dress is brown not black, doh. i hate brown and black.

hope I don't offend any brown black mixers......

Sarah said...

ha i just assumed you meant that dress in black! it didnt even occur to me that you would mix brown and black!

Caitlin said...

Sarah....you have a GIFT! I am going to heed your advice and look for Navy and Gold....and hit up all the places you mention! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

My oufit is ready! dontbesquare.worpress.com

Anonymous said...

Love the bargain fashioinishta thing - you've got my wheels turning!

AliRose said...

Such a fun challenge... I had to do it over on my blog.

Oh, and I LOVE the navy and gold, so classy!

Sarah said...

go girl! i loved your outfit!

san said...

I totally dig the dress!!!

Cricky said...

I live in a town with a Navy base, Marine base, and Air Force training base...seeing the navy and gold together makes me not so happy usually...but I do like this ensemble alot!

I played today too!

Anonymous said...

New to the site through Peg, but played anyhow! So cute of a challenge and outfit!!

Marci

Jenni said...

I finally finished my outfit.

Check it out and let me know what you think! :)

Anonymous said...

HI Sarah - I finished my outfit come check it out!

Sarah said...

excellent job ladies! I'm thinking that we need to have these fashion challenges more often since everyone (including me!) had so much fun!

Cricky said...

Fashionista Fridays....

That sounds like fun! And would be helpful when deciding what to wear for the weekend.

Thanks for linking to me!!

Busted said...

Done! Fun project...

brittany said...

I want that dress! Really cute. I actually found some cute clothes in my hunt! Check out my look.

S said...

I just found your site through AliRose and I have to tell you, I love it! Had to share! :)

Anonymous said...

Love what you've done for $50! Can I join in the hunt next time?