Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

Something they don't tell you when you get promoted is that there will always be people who treat you like you are still in your old posiiton. Bitter, annoying people who despite anouncements from HR and memos, and your obvious new role in the company, will always find a way to remind you of where you came from, and that you will never be quite as awesome as the people who were hired ito the position instead of transitioning into it from another, lower position.

I wish I could find a Dilbert cartoon to more eloquently express the work-place rage I am experiencing right now. Because rage in the work-place is so different from normal rage. And Dilbert gets it. At work it is possible to be enraged and at the same time be ambivalent about the fact that you are pissed off. Like. I AM SO ANGRY but at the same time who fuckin' cares?

But still, my lackadaisacal attitude towards my anger doesn't belie the fact that shit ain't right.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

shit's beat.

Anonymous said...

Raise your voice - point out that you are office peon no more - you are a corporate force to be reconed with. Act like you belong in your position and they'll catch on soon enough!

Sarah said...

certain folks NEVER catch on, it is really apparent. they know where i stand though. and they better show some respek.

Anonymous said...

You get it. You really get it. Office, schmoffice.

Anonymous said...

You have a way better temperment - I would have put them on blast, almost immediately.

They'll get it. They better get it. If they don't, god forbid should they need any help.

AmyB said...

OUCH. Been there, and it totally sucks ass. I can't stand those self-important, smug fuckers. Not much else you can do besides work circles around their (usually) lazy asses. Good luck beating that, but in the meantime, I hear three-martini lunches always help... ;o)

Sarah said...

Thanks Amy!

And Lys, it has nothing to do with tempermant and everything to do with me having no balls at work. I'm working on it though!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should be proud to have worked your way up instead of being hired into the position. Anyone messing with you should be careful: you might be gunning for their job one day.

Anonymous said...

That sucks. :( Hey! Went to the Loft again yesterday, saw Andrew! YAY!

Sarah said...

i know, he told me! and he said you were looking fabulous (as always)! i also heard you were on your way to an interview? GOOD LUCK, GIRL!