Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

In my effort to work only 4-day work weeks the month of January, I took today off. On Friday when a coworker asked where I was going for my day off, I told her "the hell away from this place!".

I'm still a little bitter from work-place shenanigans that happened last week. Things are looking up though. Not working today certainly helps!

My plans for today include watching some DVR'd shows, doing laundry and food shopping (which I already did this morning) for a small dinner party I am having tonight. You may not know this about me, but when I do a dinner party, I enjoy a theme. The theme of tonight's menu is "An Evening in Provence".

(yes, I know I am a huge nerd)

Appetizer = 3-Cheese Tartlets
Main Course = Daube (Provencal Beef Stew) with crusty french bread.
Dessert = Crumble de Quetsches (Plum Crisp with Cassis and Ground Almonds)

This theme is mostly due to me coming to terms with the fact that my parents are leaving for a 6-week stay in Provence in a few months and I am both very happy for them and insanely jealous. I mentioned that Adam and I would only be TOO happy to come and keep them company for a week or two if they got lonely/felt like springing for airfare. I mean that is the least we could do.

So far they are not taking the bait.

In any case I am off to enjoy some more coffee and watch something cheesy on TV.


**ALSO! I just found out another Shecky's Girls Night is happening in March!! Click here to get more info. This year it's a little different, you can pay $10 to get in or pay $30 and with admission you get an insane goodie bag. Trust me, it is worth it to spring for the bag since I am not even 1/3 of the way through all the stuff I got in mine last year including Redken hair stuff, OPI nail products, jewlery, Skin Milk lotions and skin care items, various other beauty and girlie girl fun things. Definitely way over $100 worth of products. I am thinking of organizing some kind of girls dinner at a nearby South End restaurant before the shopping madness so if you buy tickets let me know and I can send you details on that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Food sounds great; enjoy the party and I hope you'll post the recipies.

That's really considerate of you to volunteer your time to entertain your parents, I hope they appreciate what a kind daughter they have :)

Anonymous said...

i'd go to girls night since I was an idiot who didnt get a ticket and missed out on the last one. may I suggest $1 oysters @ 28 from 5-7 pre-party?

Anonymous said...

man, i'm defeintly buying a ticket to this!


Kristen

Anonymous said...

Sarah, if you love Provence, you have to visit "La Provence" in Concord. It's this great little French restaurant where I worked a few summers ago. Insanely yummy pastries and affordable Provencal cuisine! :)

Oh and let me know if you do go. I love that place - I'll come too!

Sarah said...

thanks girls!

and that oyster idea is a good one! let's do it!

Anonymous said...

I made beef stew for the first time on Sunday - it came out delicious!

My coworkers and I are definitely hitting the Girls Night Out again (and springing for the bag) - I look forward to seeing you again! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. My parents are going to the Galapagos Islands this summer (without me, of course) and I am insanely jealous. We can commiserate together.