Pages

Friday, November 17, 2006

What's better than free shwag like hair products, jewlery, lotions, bath stuff and makeup?

Free booze.

What's better than free booze and free shwag and access to some of the finest shopping in Boston?

Free booze, free shwag, fantastic shopping AND taking it all in with your best friend. For Free.

Yes ladies, the Shecky's Girls Night Out party in the South End last night and it was a blast! I knew it was going to be a good night because it took me 20 minutes to drive in from my office, and I found street parking at a meter on Tremont street 1 block away from the Cyclorama (where the event was taking place). For that reason alone I would have considered the night a success. But was we were waved through the door, the first things I saw were handbags, jewlery, and waitresses walking around serving trays upon trays of free drinks.

I wondered if I had maybe tripped on the way up the front stairs and died and was now in heaven.



We did what all good shoppers must do upon entering a shopper's paradise, The Once Around. There were tables EVERYWHERE selling vintage jewlery, bath products, candles, more glittering jewlery, gorgeous dresses and shirts and outfits, stationary and shoes. We grabbed our first of many glasses of chard and settled in to BUY. In the process we made some new best friends and hung out with them for a lot of the night, one of which had just moved to Quincy and doesn't now much about bars and restaurants around here so Andy and I have taken her under our wing and are all going out next week.



Anywho after much hemming and hawing over what to buy, I ended up with a FABULOUS joans collins esque vintage ring from this fun vendor called Pistachio who makes, among other things, rings out of vintage earrings which I quickly fell in love with.




And then I saw this handmade handbag and fell in love. I have been wearing a lot of black suit/black dress with red shoes lately so this bag will fit in perfectly with my life.



So after a few hours we left in search of some Beaujolais Nouveau and imagine our surprise when we saw it was only 7PM. When parties start at 5 it always throws me off! So after stoppinginto a few bars on Tremont Street and getting the hairy eyeball from the host/hostess when inquiring about Beaujolais (they acted like we were asking for a Big Mac), we settled on Pinot Noir at 28 degrees. I am certainly loving the lighting at that place, and will definitely be back. Some people love bars for their wine list or menu, I love a place with flattering lighting.

Then since I was starving and also hyper we did the only thing you can do when you have been drinking since 5PM...we went back to Quincy and hit up Murphy's for dinner and then walked over to Caralillys for some karaoke action. I was home by midnight and went straight to bed, and woke up at 11:30 feeling REALLY refreshed but still hungover at the same time. A weird conbination of exhilleration and nausea. Good times.

Anywho todays plans include a trip to Michaels, picking up a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau and then Andy is coming over in the afternoon to keep me company while I affix tiny trunks to tiny Christmas trees.

I may have mentioned this before but Jenny and I will be hosting a table at the Fuller Village Craft Fair in Milton tomorrow from 10-2. If you are free, come by and peruse the goods/buy my ornaments and her photos & cards. It will be a fabulous time!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

It was so great to finally meet you last night! I had such a blast - so glad I found out about it from you.

We should totally get together sometime to have dinner or whatnot.

Sarah said...

definitely!!! it was awesome meeting you. did you end up buying anything?

Lys said...

Looks like a good time was had!!! The selection looks amazing... shopping & wine - great combo!

Jenny said...

Bought 2 candles and some SkinMilk products for myself and a pair of earrings for my sister.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I stumbled across your blog via Nate Is A Blog (I think, can't really remember) and can I just tell you that I'm loving it.

So, I was wondering if you'd mind if I added you as a link to my blog - which is way less interesting than yours, just so you know.

Also - the whole chilled red wine thing I TOTALLY GET. I know it's wrong, but I like it cold.

Anonymous said...

i love that you love beaujolais. i have always loved it too - i don't get why the waitresses were being bitchy when you asked for it!

Andy said...

OMG- SO MUCH FUN.

I am so in love with you. When I get out of school and have my own $ I will buy you all the fun vintage rings and cool bags in the world. You are my favorite friend to spend a whole weekend with. Love you.