Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Proof that today is not my hottest of days:

1)While giving me a manicure, the nail technician says to me "Do you want an eyebrow wax too?". When I replied that I was all set she looked intently at the area above my eyes, frowned and then said "Um, are you sure?".

2)At CVS on my lunch break, I was informed by the sales associate who usually calls me Wedding Girl (because according to him I always look like i am on my way to a wedding), that today I in fact look like Funeral Girl

3)At work, I went into the bathroom only to notice that I had gotten a bunch of those paper dots that come out when you use the hole-punch ALL OVER AND IN MY HAIR. And not one person said anything to me. Which in my mind means that I am in such a state today, that people figured these dots were the least of my problems.


Don't worry, I intend on attending to personal maintenance tonight in anticipation of the BLOGSTRAVAGANZA tomorrow night. I'm so looking forward to meeting you guys, you have no idea. I wouldn't muck up a first impression by coming at you with caterpillar brows.

Now try and not to think of caterpillar brows when you meet me tomorrow.

17 comments:

san said...

I want to be there to stare at your eyebrows *LOL*

Sarah said...

ihave an irrational fear of caterpillars to. especially when they are on my face....


...gross!!!

Lys said...

I wouldn't pay any attention to the manicurist - she probably was told to "upsell".

Tomorrow should be fun - full report on Friday?

Sarah said...

ha thanks girl!

and most definitely. i will do a toast to Lys with one of my many martinis. :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for tomorrow night!!! Did I mention the new boyfriend is coming? :) He must really like me to submit himself to all that nerdery.

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel better, yesterday, I spent the whole morning with smudged mascara on my face and nobody bothered on telling me

Anonymous said...

Oh and nice blog by the way

Sarah said...

thanks sass!

and stacey - you are a brave girl! i can't quite bring myself to subject my boyfriend to blog related nerdness. i cant wait to meet you both!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I don't get to go tomorrow! Jerks at job #2 are making me work. I'm wicked bummed. Can't wait to read about it, though.

Anonymous said...

Boo - boyfriend is sick, so he's actually not coming tom'w night. But hey - at least he'll want to keep dating me for longer! ;)

East Coast Teacher said...

I agree - tomorrow will be a blast.

And I can't wait to read your take on it on Friday!

Sarah said...

Stacey, i told Adam that one of my blog friends was bringing her boyfriend and he was like "does she want to keep dating him!?". haha!! jk, we will all be well behaved and not at all nerd-like i am sure. i hope your boy feels better soon!

Sarah said...

oh and girlie, i am psyched!! it will def. be a blast.

sorry amanda!! i will give you a full report on friday though!

Andy said...

You are so coming in to see Rachel for an eyebrow wax soon. On me.
And also, I won;t be able to get into gmail until later so I hope all si set with the plan for tonight. I parked the car at Newbury and Dartmouth!
Meetya at Match!

Sarah said...

perfect spot!!! can't wait! :-)

Andy said...

I updated btw. BLOG DAY '06!

Sarah said...

i will be your date!!!