Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sometimes, I really dislike my roomates.

For one thing, even when I CLEARLY label my food in the refrigerator, someone else will eat it. The other day I went searching for my Smart Ones Florentine Lasagna and found the empty box, marked clearly and largely with my initials, in the trash. And yet no one copped to eating it. I suppose the food must have just disintigrated and the box just floated into the trash. And don't get me started on my Coffeemate. I wrote my name on bold letters on the front, and when I saw someone else using it I pointed out my name and she said "Oh I thought it was for everyone". Because clearly if I write my name on something it's understood that I want other people, not me, to use it.

And do not get me started on the thievery. I will never understand why adults can't comprehend the notion of something belonging to someone else. Just because you see something of mine NOT in my room, doesn't mean it is now yours and you can keep it in your room. If you want to borrow something, ask. Likewise, I am really not into their going through my stuff to find something that most times I don't even have. God forbid they call me and ask me "Hey do you know where this is?" instead of rifling through everything looking for something that has been in their room the whole time.

Of course, you do realize that by ROOMATES I meant COWORKERS? Right?

(Really? I am just pissed about my Coffeemate because when I came in this morning, I was looking forward to some hot hazlenut goodnesss but no, some asshat coffeemate stealing wench has used the last of it and placed the empty container back in the fridge. Charming, don't you think?)

12 comments:

Sarah said...

i know, i am just being bitter :-)

and re: caterpillars? i took care of them last night!!

Anonymous said...

Do they have anything good you can steal back to give them a taste of their own medicine? Or at least to point out that YOU don't bother THEIR things? How frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could try to conceal the food, like tie the microwave dinners in shopping bags and pour the Coffemate in a Rubbermaid container and label it "Metamucil" or something equally unappealing.

Me said...

That's just rude.

Hey, we'll have a Martini tonight,that'll make ya feel better!

Anonymous said...

Note to my new coworkers:
I came in this morning to find all my pens missing.

I will take no notes. Everything I am expected to do from this point forward should be worded very simply so I can remember.

Thanks.

Sarah said...

my pens used to dissapear so often that i was going through a box a week. so i started buying hot pink and purple pens with fur and feathers on them and bobbly things that light up. now NOBODY steals my pens.

Lys said...

Now that's an idea!!!

As for the coffeemate - tell that chick would she put an empty milk container in the fridge? Ugh - how annoying!!!

Have fun tonight!

AmyB said...

Sounds like it's time for you to send out a "friendly" office manners email to your roomies. Uh, I mean coworkers. Bitches.

Really, when did everyone become so entitled to everything? I have the same complaints, so at least you're not alone!

san said...

haha... i liked the comment about your hot pink and purple pens with feathers and fur ;)

yeah, but the coffeemate thief sucks. you should get the fingerprints from the empty bottle and nail him down!

have a great great time tonight with the other bloggers. i so wish i could be there.

Anonymous said...

I highly suggest putting coffeemate in a tupperware pour container and labeling it "breast milk". Cheers!

Anonymous said...

During the summer I had brought in three pints of different Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I'm a spoonful eater- meaning that every once in a while I'll get up and just have a spoonful of ice cream. It's just how I roll.

I certainly did not want anyone to think they could sneak my B&J (don't get me started on what I would do to you if you took my Phish Food) so I took packing tape, covered each pint with the tape, then taped all the pints together, put a note on them, and put them in a grocery bag and taped that up. I also put one or two strands of my hair is specific areas underneath the tape as to check to see if anyone messed with it.

The note said: "I have coughed on and licked each ice-cream. Please do not attempt to eat the ice cream as you surely will catch my insanity germs. Oh, and I may cause bodily harm to you."

No one ever touched my ice cream. For that matter, people started to avoid me.

honeykbee said...

Not cool to mess with someone's java. Not cool at all.