Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I've decided that there is only one kind of person in the world that I really don't like.

People who don't smile in pictures.

Now, I know everyone has the obligatory "artsy" Myspace photo or two and I don't begrudge people there faux Calvin Klein model moment, but people who NEVER smile in photos, who honestly believe they look better when they don't smile, have issues, I believe.

The main issue being I don't like them and that's probably the worst issue anyone can have, right?

EVERYONE looks better when they smile. It doesn't matter if you think you have jacked up teeth, or your cheeks look chubby or your eyes crinkle too much: happiness is fabulous and a sullen pouty face just looks like you hate your life or you are trying too hard to look "sexy". And hating life/confusing sullen with sexy is never fabulous, right?

So, smile goddamnit.



(This rant was brought to you courtesy of too much time spent perusing profiles on Myspace.com)

4 comments:

Jaime said...

it's the people that think they always look bad in pictures that make me angry. if they would just suck it up and smile maybe they'd get a good picture once in a while, instead of always looking forced and angry or with their hand in their face!

DementedPhotographer said...

But, your honor, I LOST my smile, I swear! I ALWAYS keep it in my wallet and someone must have taken it out and not put it back!

;)

-G

Sarah said...

garrison where the H have you been!?
:-)

Supafab said...

Yeah and why the hell can't we smile on our passport photos anymore... what is this world coming too?? I seriously look like I'm from the middle east on my passport!