Pages

Friday, July 01, 2005

last night my brother, Peter, came over to drink some beers and pick up the cigars i got for him.

he was telling me about his friend Ryan's new girlfriend. Ryan is one of those guys that may not be the most attractive man on earth, but he is so charming and funny that he always ends up with super-attractive girls. my brother is jealous.

"she's so hot, Sarah" he said "she's like the hottest girl in our class!"

(my brother is 23)

"our class? you havent been "in class" in almost 5 years!" i said

"i know but that's how we talk about a hot girl. like if she's really hot then she's "the hottest girl in our class" but if she's only kind of hot then we might say "she's definitely in the top 20 hottest girls in our class".

and what's funny is they are literally referring to the "hot girls" of their graduating class from 5 years ago. they remember all those girls, and when they see an attractive girl now, she is compared to the entire Braintree High School female population of the graduating class of 2000, and given a rank and then dealt with accordingly.

and we all wonder why Peter doesn't have a girlfriend.

;-)

(just kidding, my brother is awesome and if you are in your early 20s, single, live in the Boston area and like tall guys (he's 6'7!) who are very funny, albeit Republican (booooo!) then let me know!)

4 comments:

Raineydays said...

Me and my friends sometimes still do that. We always say" he looks like..." so and so from high school. Or "she has a nose like..." and we graduated in '99!

Jenny said...

I may be too short for him (I'm 5'2) and I'm a Democrat, but ME! ME! I'm single, 25, live in Boston and super cute. ;)

If I'm too short, my roommate is 5'11 - we can set them up.

Frankie said...

What? No Mrs. Robinson-like 27 year olds for little bro?

;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I have friends that do that! Just tell me that he doesn't still dress like he is in high school, which some of my friend's haven't moved out of yet. Very funny post.

(P.S. Found you via Pink and Green Girl--Love your site!)