Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

ahhhh. the tuesday after a long, holiday weekend is always a good time, don't you think?

in reality, i am actually in a fantastic mood. my weekend was fun, relaxing AND productive. saturday was just a LAZY day which was exactly what i had wanted/needed. i got up late, cleaned the bathroom/kitchen, made a yummy chicken salad, and when Adam came home from baseball practice we just lounged around, watching TV and movies for most of the day/night. sunday we went to the Sox game and began our new habit of scoring the game. in Philly there was a girl in front of me at the game with a scorebook, writing furiously after each play and i was like "what's that! i want to do that!" so we bought score books before the game on sunday and scored EVERY SINGLE PLAY during the game. it was actually alot of fun and it is helping me to learn more about the game.

plus, it leades to fun double entrendres like "wait a minute! i'm trying to score!"

after the game we met up with danielle for a leisurely dinner/drinks session in Allston with a side of gossip. she has an awesome new bike and i am pretty sure we are starting a bike club soon. if you want in, let me know.

sunday, adam and i slept in and then headed to Hingham Beach for some sunning and reading. i discovered that my self-tanner actually has SPF 15 so i used that and didn't burn, but got very brown (that was what i meant ealier when i said i was productive this weekend. i produced a tan). and then we went to coldstone creamery (it was my first time!) and i have to say, i was a little dissapointed. and the woman who smooshed my ice cream didn't really do a good job, so it was just sweet-cream ice cream with some chocolate and nuts on top. and that ice cream is a little too heavy for my liking. i am more of a soft serve kind of gal these days (sadly, in my old age, dairy and i are not really friends anymore). but adam LOVED it, so it was not a total loss!

last night we watched the sox game on TV (and scored the game, which is much harder when you're not actually at the game, but still fun!) and we WERE gonna go to the fireworks down the street from us but I am an old lady and was tired so we called it a night at 11PM and went to bed.

and the biggest reason that I am not mad that it is the day after a long weekend is that i only have to work today and tomorrow and then I am off to Provincetown for the rest of the week with one of the funnest people I know (Jill) to visit THE funnest person i know (Andy) who has rented a beach house for the week. For those of you not in the Massachusetts-state-of-mind, Provincetown (aka P-town) is the gay capital of Cape Cod, if not the state, if not the country, if not THE WORLD. i think roughly 70% of the population is gay men which translates to the best shopping/restaurants/cocktails/entertainment you can FIND. for instance, at 4PM on the day I arrive, we are going to something called Tea Dance, which is a combination of High Tea, and a raging dance party.

i cannot wait!

so, this week rules and i have a perma-grin on my face. work better DON'T mess with me today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were at the Sox game on Sunday, TOO! Wasn't the weather just perfect?

Erin
www.pinkandgreengirl.com

Sarah said...

seriously! it was the most pleasant (temperature-wise) game that i have been to this season!

AliRose said...

I have to agree with you on the love of P-town! I found it absolutely wonderful, the people there were the friendliest I have ever met.