Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2005

since i was tagged by the lovely Ali Rose, and since i am SO BORED today....voila!


10 years ago... summer of 1995.if i remember correctly i had just arrived at camp (an overnight camp i used to go to in the Berkshires when i was younger) to prepare for my trip to Kenya (we flew out July 4th!!). alot of last minute packing/shopping, team building, a brushing up on some rudimentary Swahili, (VERY rudimentary)..alternating between being SO excited and SO nervous.


5 years ago... summer of 2000. i was working as a lifeguard at Sunset Lake (best, and easiest job ever. basically getting paid to tan). lots of clubbing in Providence (Bootleggers, Lupos, The Complex etc...), lots of drinking, lots of unsuitable men, LOTS OF FUN.


1 year ago... Adam moved to Massachusetts (yay!!!!) i was still working at the Real Estate Company in Boston, plotting when and how i was going to quit. it WAS lovely working on Newbury street in the summer though. I miss apres-work mojitos at Vinny T's!!


Yesterday... worked, went shopping on my break, had andy and jill over for burgers and wine.


Today... working. making "air-fried pork chops" tonight and hopefully uploading the Philly pics.


Tomorrow... working until noon, then i have a company party/cookout (open bar!) which i am psyched about although i am somewhat wary of the fact that all women were warned against wearing white......


5 snacks I enjoy...

*Brie on mini toasts
*Tortilla chips & Salsa
*Wheat Thins
*Tomatos, sliced with salt
*Cape Cod Potato Chips

5 songs I know all the words to...

*Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
*Someone to Watch Over Me - Ella Fitzgerald
* Witchy Woman - The Eagles
*Jump - Van Halen
*I Heard it Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye


5 things I would do with $100,000,000...

*Pay off Adam's car and pay for him to go back to school (if he still wants to, now that i am flamingly wealthy)
*Buy a Birkin Bag
*Go on a FABULOUS world wide trip hitting at least 5 continents
*Buy a seaside mansion on Atlantic Avenue on Cohasset
*finally pay ALL of my City of Boston parking tickets off. MAYBE.

5 locations I would love to run away to...

*Paris, France
*Jouniyeh, Lebanon
* Bar Harbor, Maine
* Monaco
*Maho Bay, St John's

5 things I like doing...

Shopping
Going to the Beach
Reading
Relaxing
Throwing Dinner Parties

5 things I would never wear...

Uggs
Acid washed denim
Skorts
Round toed heels
A Linen skirt (how can you wear one WITHOUT it wrinkling? and why was this by far the easiest list for me to make?)

5 recently seen movies I like...

Into the West (it's a miniseries but it should count because it is AWESOME)
Emma, for the billionth time
Princess Diaries 2 (love it!)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
I Don't Ever Go To The Movies, Evidently



5 famous people I'd like to meet...

Bill Clinton
Anderson Cooper
Diana Ross (you KNOW she knows how to party)
Bea Arthur
Ice T


5 biggest joys of the moment...

*laying in bed in front of the AC with Adam
*having friends over for dinner
*my CUTE (when it's clean) apartment
*Jello Pudding Pops
*that Danielle is on reception this week so we can IM all day long!

5 favorite toys...

*our Miracle Blades
* my bicycle
*my car
*my laptop
* Nintendo

i won't tag anyone, but if anyone is half as bored as i was today than please, HAVE AT IT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah for me being online!! i'm glad that it is one of your biggest joys. haha. awesome. i'm on now and you're at a bbq. that makes me sad. love,danielle

Anonymous said...

I have to give comment to 2 items on your never wear list - linen and round-toe!

I love linen skirts because they're breezy and casual but still appropriate for the office - and a normal day of wear will hardly wrinkle them at all!

as for round toes I feel like a sexy 1950's secretary in them. they make your feet look small and delicate!

Sarah said...

its just a personal preference for me. i cant wear linen without wrinkling it, and i just can't stand now my feet look in round toed shoes! they look nice on some people, but on me they make my feet look stubby. :-)