Pages

Friday, January 02, 2004

ahh the wonders of 14 hours of sleep.

well, my new years was a blast in that highly irresponsible conscience-free way. a scandal was uncovered at the neighborhood club, involving time-off requests and favoritism, as well as a wel known mongoloid-looking boss of mine. to make a long story short: i blew off work on New Years Eve in order to braintree-it-up at the Middle East for the Kicked in the Head/FAH/Waltham/Morgan Knockers/RAOV show.

Adam arrived at my house around 6PM, at which point we headed to the first stop of any New Years Eve festivities: The Liquor Store. after purchasing copious amounts of nips (we are super classy), we headed to the QC and hopped a train into central square, all the while polishing off nips of Jagermeister, Captain Morgan's and Blackberry Brandy (mmmm). Once arrived, we met up with a gaggle of Braintrees at Wendy's and set about carbo-loading for the free beer fest that was about to occur. (Did I mention that for the first hour of this soireee there would be free beer provided?). So we headed to the downstairs of the M.E. which was beautifully decorated with white xmas lights, and we set down to business. Free beer led to cocktails which led to more cocktails and of course various shenanigans. I made it my mission to make sure that all of my friends had someone to makeout with at midnight (mission accomplished, except for jenn because for some reason I could not convince her to make out with the Ivan Sergie look alike. Boyfriend? Shmoyfriend!) it was really good to be with my girls, though.

ladies


diana, jenny, me and jenn

So this portion of the night went swimmingly, every band did cover songs, which i loved. I was excited that so many of my Btree friends around although that didn't stop your favorite drunken social butterfly from making alot of new and entirely random friends. I tell you, the best friendships grow out of drunken ladies restroom banter. am i right? so a little after midnight, I dragged Adam to the second portion of the night: Vicki's House Party in Holbrook. We arrived somewhat late, but managed to slam down some jello shots and shmooze with the Sully Ave gang until around 3:30, when we returned to my house and proceeded to pass out.

So, I don't normally make New Years Resoultions because I don't normally keep them. I've promised it all from "Stop swearing so much" to "Stop drinking so much" and "Stop gossiping so much" but we all know how much good it has done. This years unkeepable resolution? To be somewhat more responsible with my finances. I paid off my exhorbitant credit card bill with my graduation money, so here's to maintaining a debt-free existance for at least a few months. cheers!

No comments: