Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

So, the annoying news is that I am working on new years eve from 6PM until 3AM. I had entertained notions of calling in sick, of just flat out refusing to work, but the truth is I do not in my heart of hearts want to be fired, and although I am making great money at the Real Estate firm: I am a girl who simply cannot exist on a single income because as Meaghan so eloquently put it “You have a shopping, um, problem”. “Tis true, I enjoy spending money as though I have a limitless trust fund when the truth of the matter is I do not even have an ATM card. Like Holly Golightly, I deal on a cash only basis.

Vicki is having her fourth annual NYE bash at the newly purchased Sully Ave residence which I will be attending in the unlikely event that I get cut early ( I am still honing my ass-kissing skills). The thing about Vicki’s house is this: the environment alone gets you “ril drunk” never mind the endless supply of liquor busting out of every seam of the room. A party at Vicki;s as you drinking till 5AM, incoherently babbling into a video camera and waking up under a pile of toys including a bike (this literally happened to me). So I hope that I am able to attend, if even for the wastoid portion of the night (2AM - on). And if not, then at the very least I will have made oodles of money by manipulating the math abilities of drunk people asking me for change.

On the education tip: My african studies professor never submitted my grade for the class, which is odd because of all my classes I had a good idea that I was going to get an A in that one. And I email him only to find out he is in Nigeria for the month. Awesome. So now I have to wait another month to actually get my degree. Who goes to Nigeria in January! I mean, I could understand April or May (I know you know the song "I love Abuja in the Springtime").

Anyway, this weekend was fabulous. Friday was spent on a modified bar crawl with Adam, starting at with intelligent conversatons at The Good Life…and later Hysterical Drunkenness at Dicks Last Resprt and ending with rampant debauchery at Top of the Hub. The next day I had to work a wedding, and I learned once again how unfun it is to be pouring vodka/gin/wine when you are critically hungover. (Did I mention I bartend now, even though I have had no training? Winging it has its allure, but my martinis could melt a nail). Anywho, after the wedding fesivities I headed out for Vicki’s bachelorette party on wheels. We had rented a 15 person van stocked with JD Watermelon Spikes and Smirnoff’s Twist, and after decorating the windows with assorted penis art we were on our way! The first stop of the night was the Hong Kong aka Scorpian Bowls of Death. This part of the night also brough about the eventual downfall of Meaghan and I. First of all, Meaghan and My bar habits can only be described as :Social Butterflies with ADD”. We like to socialize, but not with the same people for too long. And when this happens in a large group, you get what I like to be called “Left behiind” So after hanging out with everyone, Megs and I decided to scope the scene at the bar so we ordered drinks and sat there. About 20 minutes later we realized everyone had left. So we went to Cheers to continue drinking and come up with a game plan. Word on the street was that everyone had gone to Ned Divine’s but that was not in the cards for Megs and I because 1) the line was about 50 people long and 2) we had no coats on, it was 30 degrees and we both had tank tops on. So we eventually find them and make our way to Trinity, where Megs pukes on the dancefloor and noone notices and I buy a round of shots and once again, Meaghan and I are distracted by meeting some people we might know by the bathroom so when we finally make it back to the group they are gone once again. We decided that since we are 1) drunk and 2) sick of this shit that we will hijack the van and go to Jill’s bar (which we did) at which point Adam met our sorry selves and took us home. I have to say, he rules.


Last night was distinctly more sedate: career-talks with Megs over martinis at the Fours, followed by a discussion of "ign'nt shit" with Jill over cosmos in her apartment. I returned home somewhat early, and gorged myself on our dismantled gingerbread house. the pieces with the gumdrops on them are definitely the best

No comments: