Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

some people, apparently, see my guestbook as an approrpiate forum to voice their views on howard dean. let me be perfectly frank: it is not. for one thing, trampling on people's idealism is the least-american thing you can do and by shitting on howard dean (or any candidate!) you are shitting on democracy. would you rather we just don;t have elections at all, however pitifully carried out they are? second of all, if you are going to have an opinion then back it up with something other than quotes from mooonfaced presidential candidates. by repeating yourself 3 times with spelling and grammar mistakes, you do nothing more than assure me of your latent republicanism. i am psyched that saddam was caught ( never mind that at the time of capture he looks just like my uncle who is a proff of math at suffolk!) , but i will never confuse patriotism with nationalism. so suck it. go dean!

anyway, i have yet to do any meaningful christmas shopping because of a combination of selfishness and short-attention span. i made the rounds with my mom yesterday: iParty, Target, Christmas Tree Shops, Yankee Candle...and although I bought enough decorations for my party to make even the corniest decorator sick, I bought nothing in the vein of christmas gifts. i finally gave into this Inflatable Snowman trend. I just couldn't help myself...it just isn;t the holiday season unless you

1) wrench your back and
2) collapse a lung

while doing christas decorations. and the christmas tree shops are just utterly non-conducive to meaningful shopping. I walk in that place and instantly my standard of good taste drops. Lets face it, ANYTHING is cute when it's $2.99, hence the snowman liason. hope this is not a repeat of last years "commence christmas shopping at 2PM on christmas eve". that sh*t was hectic.

No comments: