Pages

Monday, November 10, 2003

phone conversations with megs

Me: you should be careful. It's tough to date a guy who's new in town, you know without his own network. he's probably grasping at straws at this point"
Megs: "I am not a straw!"

i was trying to explain to megs last night the trouble inherent with dating a guy who is "new in town" and has no friends to speak of. not that it can't be done, but it's something that can get really serious really fast. if you are not careful, pretty soon you are not only someone's girlfriend, but also their tour guide, restaurant critic, chauffeur...when all the while you thought you were just getting a free meal once in a while. not cool.

what WAS cool though was my date with Adam on Saturday. we started out with dinner at antonios (very cute) on beacon hill, worked our way down cambridge street to harvard gardens where i found out that Adam can, in fact, hang. "Hang" is a term jill and I coined in reference guys who can drink at the same pace that we can without getting drunk. it is a compliment that we rarely toss around. anyway, we attempted to get tickets to the Waltham show in central square, which ended up being sold out. This was ok though, because when he handed me ear-plugs and told me I would need them, I got kind of nervous ;-) so then we kicked it over to south boston to visit jill at work and take in the tshirts-as-dresses scene at the Blue Wave, further proof that Adam can hang. i am never impressed by men, but I must give props and admit that Adam impressed me about 10 times during dinner and drinks alone! anyway, after that we made the decision to kick it up to New Hampshire for the night which sounded good at the time, but in the light of day was not the best of scenes. I have to hand it to my parents , when I finally came home at noon the hext day, the only sort chastising I got from my mother was "I hope you were'nt as bitchy to Adam in the morning as you are to us!" ( I am a total beast pre-coffee). So all in all, a fabulous time and I even made it into work at 2:30 to cocktail the craziest christening I have ever witnessed. If I wanted kids before (which I don't) I would have had to thihnk twice about it now. Is it really that bad to slip valiums into shirley temples?

no school tomorrow! Meaghan and I are kicking it old school (literally) and going to BHS for the veteran's day concert, and then to the movies to see "Love, Actually" Firth it up! If you want to come drop me a note.

No comments: