Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

hilariously inappro work moment of the day:

now, I am a cocktail waitress at a country club of sorts. i only work nights and weekends so i have never met the day staff, or even the general manager of the office, wendy. so today i stroll into work a wee bit early and a blonde woman takes my arm immediately and says "Hi, we've been waiting for you. I'm Wendy" and I introduce myself, happy to meet a higher-up as usual. She then guides me into her office where I assume we will be filling out various tax forms, but instead she lapses into a commentary on the play "Chicago" which lasts for a good five minutes, which in turn I must counter with a review of Chicago The Movie. And then we;re off in theaterland, talking about Hairspray, Miss Saigon, Les Mis...she offers me a Perrier which of course I accept, and all the while I am thinking "This is fabulous! They treat the staff so well here!" and after about 10 more minutes my boss, the lovely Patti, comes into Wendy's office and exclaims "what are you doing with my cocktail waitress!?" at which Wendy looks shot and accuses me "You're a cocktail waitress?" it turns out Miss Wendy thought I was this chick who is thinking of booking the club for, her wedding next year. so no WONDER she was turning on the charm. of course her new information regarding my title caused her to resume a cool disinterest. but I got to keep the Perrier.

No comments: