Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

benadryl is a girl's best friend, let me tell you. since ive had this headcold I've been unable to fall asleep before 4AM, and so i gave up last night and made a trip to 24 hour CVS to purchase this amazing medicine and within 10 minutes of taking it I was dead to the world.

so last night was Rock the Vote in Boston, which was attended by myself, Chris and Adam. (attended meaning we stood outside and yelled alot and scored free pins). Despite the bitter cold it is always nice to be in a scene like that, surrounded by fellow Deanlovers yelling ("Vote for Dean, No Bush Lite!" and other things along those lines. I will try and narrow the night down to highlights:

1) Scoring a "The Doctor Is In" pin through little effort of my own
2) The giant "Beantown is Deantown" sign
3) The man wearing a giant penis on his head whose name I forget but who is running for president under the platform of "dental reform" and kept yelling "How can you trust Dean to be your president? He won't even release his dental records!"
4) Randomly meeting Kevin Driscoll, whose blog I used to read religiously and who is exactly as I pictured he would be!yay!
5) Getting interviewed by the Atlantic Monthly and finally getting a public forum for my hatred of Michael Moore.
6) Wes Clark's thoughts on Outkast, and how they haven't really broken up.

So after the rally Adam, Chris, Kevin and made our way to the Rack to meet up with Jill, snag a pool table and some drinks, and watch the debate which proved to be as entertaining as ever, with such questions from the audience being fielded as "Macs of PCs?" and "If you could party with any candidate here, who would it be?" to which Al Sharpton, always on point, replied "Mrs. Kerry!". In one way, it makes me mad that the poster children for generation Xers ask such stupid questions, and on the other hand it's nice to see the candidates lighten up and laugh with each other, instead of ganging up on each other (poor Dean). After the debate, we left the Rack in order to stalk Anderson Cooper, but alas our efforts were fruitless so we headed to the theater district for beer and pizza.

***Special props to Adam for driving all the way down from NH and actually finding Fanuil Hall despite my terrible directions. :-)

No comments: