Pages

Monday, October 20, 2003

I am watching Lester Holt Live on MSNBC where various politicians and US Attorneys are crying about this 20 year old kid who went on a plane with box cutters, to prove how shitty security is. Are the fucking surprised? Good for this kid! In August I got on a plane leaving Logan headed to Lebanon with a huge camping knife in my carry-on (unbeknownst to me), in the outside fucking pocket, and no one looked twice at, although the security guards DID make me take my flip flops off before I went through the metal detector. Then finally at Heathrow in London, my bag set off the alarm and the security guys were like "what the hell is this?". I was shocked, naturally, when they pulled the knife from my bag and looked expectantly at me (I don't think it helped that my boarding pass said Beirut on it). Anyway , when I told them that i came from Logan they said something like "Big Surprise".

Airline security is a fraud. Bring a knife, but leave your buckled BCBG sandals at home - that shit can be used as a weapon!!

No comments: