Pages

Monday, October 20, 2003

on the embarrassing yourself front:

first of all, let me say that i am not a morning person by any means, but i am even more so not a MONDAY morning person. No amount of coffee can keep me from slap-happy retardation. second of all, boy who i love in my american romanticism class i will from now on simply call P.A. because he is a pompous ass.

so as usual, we were split into groups and for the third day in a row i was in P.A.'s group. Evidently my professor is trying to hook a sista up. Word up Professor Stoer! Anyway, the discussion today revolved around The Scarlett Letter, which is not the greatest of Monday Morning topics for me. So, the contention in my group among the males was that it's a "Chick Book" which I am sorry to say I don't think it is. So in an effort to make a joke I said "Well, it's no Joy Luck Kitchen" TOTALLY meaning Joy Luck Club but getting it confused with the sequel: The Kitchen God's Wife. So everyone had a big laugh at my expense for about 5 minutes, complete with P.A. asking "Is that a new Chinese restaurant?".There's nothing like getting a lame joke wrong. I am an idiot.

No comments: