Pages

Monday, June 30, 2003

I hate my job, and thus am giving my two week notice this weekend. The good news is this will leave me plenty of free time for my trip to the Vineyard in a few weeks, and also I will have my weekends free once and for all. The bad news, is that I will have to take out a loan from the Bank of James and Jacqueline to finance all these things. However, as I have always stated: I would rather have lots of fun now and be in debt than no fun at all but owe no one any money. So ha. When I come back from Lebanon it will be back to the lovely world of temping. I know my ladies at Todays have missed me terribly.

This weekend was a blast. Friday night we were blessed with the precense of the Spanish Coast-Guarding Bs: Josh, Fabio and Kevin (aka Cashew, Feivel and Ricky Ticky Tembo). The theme of the night was “drink as much as humanly possible” and watch the sun come up on Jill’s roof, over SoCo shots with beer chasers. Josh is a nice boy, sort of a Spanish Mark (nice body, dumb as nails) which is what I like in a summer fling. He is also hypersensitive as all hell, particularly when it comes to being called a punk. As he put it "There are two things you never call me: Punk in Spanish and Punk in English." ha! This is a trait I particularly detest in men, mostly because I am very mean, and am a fan of calling men names like “punk” “douche” and “idiot” and thus I am well suited for the tough-skinned, non English-comprehending and/or the deaf. Luckily for me this seems to be the category of men I am reeling in this summer, with the exception of Josh. We’ll see what happens, I haven’t deleted his name from my cell phone yet, which is the best of signs that we will hang out again.

Sunday Meaghan and I went out to lunch at the 99 with the fabulous Selena, and talked over scallops and salad about men, young ones, old ones, short ones tall ones: a veritable R-rated Seussian dialouge. After making plans for the following week, Meg and I went to the movies and saw Charlie’s Angels 2, which I loved, only when did Bruce Willis get so old?


No comments: