Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Wretched Cold, A Recipe, and a Ring!

Well, that was weird.

Yesterday I woke up a 2AM with a scorching sore throat, headache, chills and a fever. I spent the remainder of the night tossing and turning, alternatively freezing cold and unbearably hot, wide awake and hating life. At 6AM I unceremoniously rolled over, fell out of bed and padded over to the computer to email my boss that I would not be coming in. With that I downed a large glass of water and 4 ibuprofen and went back to bed...not to emerge again until this morning, except for bathroom trips and the occasional jaunt to the kitchen for more water or iced tea.

I am now on the other side of that bout of disgustingness with only a runny nose and a tranny voice to show for it. I sometimes wonder if it's that I have an awesome immune system, that when I get sick its usually only for a day or two or if I have a truly shitty one and I just pick up any bug that pops by.

In any case this gorgeous weather has certainly improved my mood! I know we are all loving the sun and the warmth. The other day I was headed home from work, down Quincy Shore Drive which is my favorite part of my commute. With houses on one side of me and the ocean on the other, it tickled me to notice that not only myself but basically every other car on the road had their windows down. Sure it was only in the 50s but that's balmy enough for us!


In any case I facebooked the other night about making curry chicken stuffed peppers; a kitchen experiment that for once went remarkably well. I posted the recipe over at the Pink Shoe Cookbook so if you're interested please check it out!

In other news my mood ring arrived from Sweet Nirvana's Etsy Shop. I have already gotten loads of compliments on it and it amuses me that now when people tell me one of my rings looks like a mood rings (as they often do since I have a proclivity towards rings with large smooth stones on them), I can reply "It actually IS a mood ring". It's the little things in life, people.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad you're feeling all better!! :)