I throw the word "epiphany" around a lot because let's face it, it's a fun word! ( I'm also a fan of the phrase "Moment of Truth" becuase of it's Lifetime Television for Women connotation but that's neither here nor there)
Traditionlly an epiphany involves realizing some kind of essence of truth about something. Such as, realizing you are not an olive skinned goddess but a pale skinned plebe (note: my plebian-ness has nothing to do with my having pale skin I just like saying it). But other times these are just mini little realizations, something I like to called Epiphaminis.
These are a few I have had recently.
* Name brands may not also be better but when it comes to White Out Correction Tip? Bic or Die.
* Diet Root Beer tastes exactly the same as Non Diet Root Beer, however this is NOT true of Ginger Ale.
* Wearing a jaunty hat does not make you yourself jaunty. This especially applies to dudes.
Decidedly not jaunty.
(image from holycats.typepad.com)
* Living in fear of being laid off from your job is like living in fear of dying. If its going to happen, nothing you can do will stop it so may as well enjoy the time you have left wherever you are. Pits in the somach are so passe (this is what I keep telling myself).
* Buying wine in bulk really does save money, even if at the time you feel like you're spending a lot. If you break it down bottle for bottle it can be a steal!
What about you? Any mini epiphanies lately?