Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's a Miracle

I am pretty good at deciding I don't like something, without knowing much about it.

For instance, I have long since decided I hate Bank of America even though I don't bank there and have had no dealings with them really other than the fact that if/when I make deposits for Adam I always end up waiting in a long-ass line and then after waiting in said line for sometimes up to fifteen minutes, I am always greeted by an eeirly chipper teller who then tries to coerce me into opening an account.

I am not amenable to any new ideas or cheerfulness after waiting in line for long periods of time.

So anyway, Wednesday I had to deposit some cash in Adam's account (he had paid some bills and I owed him my half and I think the nice thing to do is just go and put the money right in his account especially since Banks of America are as prevalent as Dunks around here.) So I arrive at the bank after work already in a cranktastic mood because of insane amounts of traffic. And I was of course psyched to see that the line was even longer than usual, and almost out the door. We are talking thirty people deep! And to make matters worse I got in line in between Young Couple Making Out Hardcore (in the BANK!) and Mr. Creepy McStaresALot. So I resign myself to my fate and stood in line, silently hating life, and playing Bowling on my cell phone.

Then suddenly, an angel appeared in front of me.

An angel in the form of a Bank of America customer service agent.

"Are you by any chance making a deposit today?" he asked me
"I am" I told him

He then told me he wanted to help me out so he took me over to a table, took out his magical clipboard and recpeits and poof! He took my deposit right then and there! Without me having to wait in line!!

Of course I was like "Wait do you seriously work for the bank?" because with my luck I was depositing my rent money in the National Bank of Broke but Crafty Winos. But no, he chuckled and showed me his badge and explained to me that Bank of America has Mobile Tellers in some of their branches for exactly this purpose, to help customers who are just making a quick transaction and stuck waiting in a longass line!

This is the best thing ever!! Not waiting in line is my FAVORITE.

I'm sure the people ahead of me in line who had more lenghty transactions to complete hated me, but I can't say I cared. For the first time in my life I was in and out of a Bank of America in five minutes!

Miracles do happen.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I too have been blessed by the mobile teller in the past.

However, lately I have been enjoying the pleasures of depositing at the ATM. No eery cheerfulness required. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

I too hate BOA, for absolutely no good reason. I'm a Citibank girl through and through, because they have clear blue ATM cards and I'm superficial and easily swayed by pretty colors.

However, this is quite an uplifting tale.

(Also, not to gush, but I do so love your blog!)

Britt said...

That sounds perfectly nice! I have the patience of a 2 year old when it comes to waiting in line (its embarrassing really) so I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

we opened a BofA account for C right before we left for germany because they have a deal with one of the german banks [deutsche bank) so that he can get money from the ATM at any time for NO charge. THAT i like :) but not standing in line is pretty cool, too. oh and when you guys come visit us in germany adam can totally get cash for free! ;)

Me said...

Dayam! A mobile teller. AWESOME.

Sarah said...

Kim I have two fun facts for you:

1)Adam and I are saving up for a European trip (exact destination to be determined)

2) We both love love LOVE German beer.

hmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

sarah, that is AWESOME!

you KNOW you cannot come to europe without stopping by in bremen. seriously. you just...can't. remember, adam can get cash for free. oh and we have the beck's brewery which offers tours in english and a lot more.

C still spends tons of time in the beer-section at the grocery store every time we go. he can't just buy a sixpack of whatever beer, noooo, he has to bring an assortment of (at least) six different beers every time...

oh and also, don't forget this!

Anonymous said...

National Bank of Broke but Crafty Winos--that's where I have my account.

#Meg

Sarah said...

ahaha i know right. after i wrote it i was kind of like "oh wait......".