Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

Fashion Roundup

As I have been examining the spring lines, it becomes apparent that the fashion icons of TV shows and movies of my youth have heavily influenced designers this season. It warms my heart that such cinematic greats can be commemorated via couture.

First, we have this lovely offering from Matthew Wiliamson.



This trend was obviously influenced by perhaps the greatest TV movie ever made, Anne of Green Gables. If Anne was not THE fashion vanguard of Prince Edward Island in the 20th century then I don't know who is. And if there is one thing I learned from Anne and her friends, it’s that puffed sleeves are THE BOMB.




Next up we have fashions clearly inspired a certain 80s film we all know and love.


I wonder how Molly feels about Robert Rodriguez biting her style?

Probably the same way Jessie Spano feels about this outfit from Michael Kors



If you're going for that hooker with a heart of gold angle, might I point you in the direction of INC's spring collection?



Things are definitely not as dire as they were last time I blogged about this type of thing, and truth be told there is a lot to love about the so called Spring Fashion Trends. I just hope at some point a designer is inspired by my favorite fashion icon from my youth:

15 comments:

AmyB said...

Love it! How do you come up with this stuff?

Just as long as tapered pants haven't come back in style, I'm happy. OH WAIT, they already HAVE... ;o)

Hope your hair appointment went great!

Anonymous said...

YES!! CLAIR!!!!! Sweet love....

I am amazed at this post, Do you just see these things and instantly remember where you've seen it before? I am in awe...

~jeannie

Sarah said...

haha thanks. clearly i spend too much time watching TV and perusing saks and neimanmarcus.com :-P

Anonymous said...

Best entry. I mean the content is good, but Mrs. H is the best part.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Awful. I was horrified when "leggings" came back. I'm waiting to see stirrup pants resurface too. They might as well. It wasn't right in the '80s and it ain't right now. Oh well. At least we don't have to bitch about shorts with heels this season.

Anonymous said...

sarah, this is brilliant.

Joanne said...

Not to hijack your post, but I remember you mentioned Beckham a few posts ago. Have you seen him as Prince Phillip for Disney?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=Gallery&bhcp=1

AliRose said...

Oh my god I LOVED Anne of Green Gables. Lol, this is the greatest thing I have read in a long time, and I must thank you for it.

Caroline said...

Hey. I liked this post a lot. Made me laugh. Thanks.

Lola x

Frankie said...

I love peasant blouses. YES! Long live the Spano look!

Stacey said...

Haha, I'm with alirose. I LOVED Anne of Green Gables. I'm so buying puffed sleeves! :)

Sarah said...

ha! i should have an anne of green gables cocktail party, we can wear puffed sleeves and get crunk on raspberry cordial :-P

Stacey said...

OMG, can we PLEASE? ;)

Sarah said...

it's happening. maybe a anne themed blog girls party? Blog of Green Gables? Blog of Avonlea? i am out of control.

Frankly, Scarlett said...

ANNE, JESSIE, & MOLLY, OH MY!

fab post, dahling! you're my style guru!