Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

This is all I have to say about last night:

You can't escape Braintree.

Last night I went for sushi with Caity and Jenny, and then when Caity left to go meet Beth (another BHS alum) Jenny and I met up with her sister and went over to JJ Mulligan's in Braintree which on most nights is a semi quiet family sports pub but on this, the night before Thanksgiving? MOBBED!! More people from my graduating class were there than were at the reunion a few years ago. It was madness! I talked to people who I haven't seen since 1998. Actually that's a lie because I run into people from high school ALL THE TIME. Most of the people either still live at home, in Braintree or in a town less than 10 minutes away (like me!). You canNOT escape it. If you lived and went to school in Braintree, you are probably still around here somehwhere. And you probably still talk to your friends that you were friends with in high school. They are probably your best friends.

I think it's kind of awesome. I am thankful for Braintree.

And of course Sylvanus Thayer.



After the Braintree madness I headed over to the Blarney Stone in Dorchester to see Andy and his Milton High friends, searched all night for this girl I hated in high school just because I heard she got really ugly, made the DJ play old school jams like I Like The Way You Work It and Regulators, sipped gin & tonics and gossiped with a capital G.

So I know feel all caught up on gossip with the people I went to high school with and the people Andy went to high school with.

And isn't that what the day before Thanksgiving is all about?

Today Adam and I will be going to my aunt's for turkey and then to our friend Danielle's for absinthe.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



3 comments:

Lys said...

Have a great holiday!!!

East Coast Teacher said...

I know what you mean about the town you grew up in being a place that nobody can seem to get away from.

I'm living in my hometown (in my parents' house) while finishing grad school, and I run into my hs classmates constantly.

After almost ten years (!) it's fun to see who has changed the most - and how others haven't changed a bit.

Happy Turkey Day :)

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see you yesterday! The rest of our graduating class was at Rock Bottom, so we'll have to compare notes. Happy Thanksgiving! :)