Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

Ahhh is there anything better than being at work and hungover the day after Thanksgiving?

I got up at 6:50AM(the time I normally leave the house) and was out the door at 7:10AM. I still got here a half hour early (I LOVE holiday lack of traffic). So I went food shopping to kill some time (I didn't have my key to the office) and found a new love of my life



Amy's Organic Cheese Pizza in a whole wheat pocket. SO GOOD. The perfect hangover food and I don't feel as guilty as I would have if I had stopped for that egg & cheese & sausage on a biscuit from Burger King.

In any case, here I am at work and it is dead. The few of us that are here are going out for Thai food at noon and I assume the office is closing soon thereafter because to make us all stay here until 5 would be highly cruel and unusual if you ask me.

So Thanksgiving was magnificent. My father's side of the family is huge (his parents had 10 kids and they all had kids) So almost all of us convened at my uncle's house in Braintree in honor of Grandma who had surgery last week. They set up banquet tables in the living room, dining room and family room and we had a delicious buffet style meal. We haven't all been together for Thanksgiving in a LONG time, and it was so nice to see everyone. Of course Adam and I sat at the "kids table" with my other cousins and we drank and ate and gossiped.

Afterwards we went to Danielle's to hang out with her family, drink Absinthe and play Trivial Pursuit. My first meeting with Absinthe went well and I can best sum it up as this: straight up it tastes like fiery death but mixed with water and sugar it is quite palletable.

Adam and I got home near midnight, put A Christmas Story in the DVD player and promptly passed the F out. Adam got up at 3:30 to go to Best Buy and get us a flat screen TV and after waiting in line at that ungodly hour for over an hour, found out they were sold out! Poor guy! But he has today off so I can't feel that bad for him.

This is a pretty uninteresting post. But what do you want from me? All you jerks are probably still asleep.



7 comments:

Zippy said...

You kinda had to be in line at about 10 last night at any Best Buy.

Jaime said...

i'm working! well...i'm AT WORK. but only til 12. and i agree - the best thing about working a "holiday" is no traffic!!!

Sarah said...

Z - apparantly so! next time we will be there with sleeping bags and flasks.

J - i'm glad i'm not the only one! we havent gotten the "we're closing early" email yet but my fingers are crossed.

Lys said...

Poor Adam - going shopping today is a rather frightening prospect...

Well, at least you'll be able to escape early today, hopefully. There is nothing *but* traffic in the neck of the woods here... yuck!

Anonymous said...

I think employers who make employees come to work on the day after Thanksgiving should be, well, I can't say. It's too awful.

Sarah said...

seriously, it ain't right.

Anonymous said...

The worst thing next having to work the day after Thanksgiving ~~ ALL the Bosses take the day off and no one has the OK to let us go early !!!! URRGGGHHH!!!!