Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006



Look at this pink knife! (from William Sonoma)

If I were the kind of gal to carry around a knife, this would probably be it.

When I was 20, my friend Jill lived in the North End of Boston, and her apartment was my second home. At that time, there were a series of assaults on women happening in that part of the city and so we always made sure 1) we traveled in packs and 2) we had some kind of weapon on us at all times. The second part sounds monumentally stupid I am sure but when you are 20 years old, and the road to Manray is paved with perverts and dark alleys, carrying a box cutter in your clutch doesn't seen like such a bad idea.
Later, I ended up giving Jill my pepper spray because one night I accidentally sprayed myself in the face with it and that pretty much rid me of my desire to ever have that slim black cannister anywhere near me ever again.

Safety lock my ass.

But I digress. My point is that this pink knife would have been a lovely substitute (addition?) for the pink box cutter Jill used to have. If one is going to carry a concealed weapon (not that I advocater that) one must make sure it is a cute concealed weapon, oui?

13 comments:

san said...

you are SO right... i think just the sight of this pink weapon would scare away any assaulter :)

Sarah said...

haha i know! it's not even sharp. but i would totally say something like "get away from me or i will slice you like a tomato!".

san said...

that would do the trick! :)

Anonymous said...

I used to live in the north end, too! I was there when that creep was meandering the town, but I think the north end "police" took care of it. Pepper spay was my friend - I aslo always carried my keys between my fingers sticking out

Sarah said...

that key move is KEY!

haha.

Jesse said...

Haha I think that is the cutest "weapon" I've ever seen...
Outside of a baby pink suede whip I randomly encountered the other day...

Anonymous said...

OMG...I thought I was the only person who carried box cutter around for "safety" in college when walking around in the dark. LOL. Thank God a cop never pulled me aside. Isn't that a concealed weapon?
I totally did that "keyring-as-brass-knuckles" thing in high school too.
Everything is cuter in pink...sigh. I own a pink "Miss Army" knife!

Sarah said...

every try out Fetish Night?

i went ONCE. and it pretty much scarred me for life.

literally, i have a scar. those handcuffs are a bitch to get off when the lock jams.

Sarah said...

sweet. i guess i'll pull my black leather dress out of retirement.

the safe word is "blog".

Anonymous said...

did my comment disappear? or do you have to approve it? <3 danielle

Anonymous said...

damn it! ok. i just said that i really really miss manray. that is all. <3 danielle

Sarah said...

GOD me too. nothing compares to manray.

Anonymous said...

i was just talking about manray with some friends last night at the bar. everyone feels that way. MANRAY FO LIFE DOT BIZ!
<3 danielle