Pages

Thursday, June 08, 2006

If you are what you buy, then I was one awesome M-Fer yesterday.


Danielle and I ordered a bottle of absinthe from absintheonline.com to be enjoyed in 5 business days. I originally thought we bought this specific kind because her British friend who knows absinthe reccomended it, but I found out tlast night that it was actually reccomended to us by basically a homeless alcoholic. However, this does not diminish my joy. Anyone with serving suggestions please come forward.



This shirt, because it got to me. I laughed for about 5 minutes when I saw it.



A pedicure in the OPI color "Your Villa or Mine?" which just may be my new favorite pick up line. The pedi itself did not come out as perfect as I would have liked but I think it's because the pedicurist was none to pleased by the fact that I wore a skirt and she could basically see into my soul if you know what I mean. But in my defense at the salon I normally go to wearing a skirt is completely acceptable because your toes are painted on the floor and not in basically stirrups like at this place, but I digress....


My new favorite "every day" wine. At $11.99 a bottle it is reasonable and has that fun grapefruit kick I have come to love in certain sauvignon blancs. Plus it has a screw top, which I realized AFTER I spent a good minute on it with the foil cutter. Awesome.

So there you have it. I am off from work today for a day of tanning/spa-ing/lunching/rehearsaling in preparation for the wedding on Saturday. I am beyond excited. I will be staying at the bride's house for the weekend and am sure I will find time at some point to come on and say something inappropriate so stay tuned and Happy Friday!

12 comments:

kim said...

that shirt is AWESOME! :D

have a great time at the wedding!

ka-rista said...

HAHA! Good I'm not the only one with a cork screw trying to penetrate a screw top. I'll have to try that sauvignon blanc, its my favorite of all wines. I’ve been trying a ton lately since Martignettis is on the way home and the have awesome two for deals.

The Running Pretence said...

Great polish color. Please post pictures of the wedding next week.

lee said...

Really enjoying your blog...thanks for all the laughs.

e$ said...

Absinthe.

place a cube of sugar atop a long shot glass, balanced on a strainer of some sort. pour the liquor over the sugarcube. Light that shit on fire. After it burns for a few, drop the cube into the glass, stir, and shoot. This is not a sipping drink. It tastes like hot flaming ass that's been stewed in human remains. (ok, it tastes kind of like black licorice, which I hate)

Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

ah! don't like the absinthe on fire! the world will explode. i can't wait to get crazy with you. see you saturday at the wedding! <3 your absinthe buddy danielle

Andy said...

I'll just say it: It makes me nervous that you're going to drink wormwood, but Good Luck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Love YOu! Can't wait till tomorrow!

The Pink Kitty said...

Have fun at the wedding and happy friday to you too!

Lindsay said...

You are my M-Fing hero. Enjoy the relaxation and the wedding!

I bought a pink floyd shirt last night... can i kind of be cool?

e$ said...

oh yeah - and make sure you're not drunk when you drink the absinthe!! I made that mistake once, to dire consequences. But that's a story for another time :)

have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

love the nick shirt--too cute! :)

i'm no longer a link?? so sad!!
-natalie.

ugagirl16 said...

I LOVE the Nick shirt!!!