Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I plan on changing my blog theme to a Non Holiday type layout after New Years, which is hopefully when I will be de-Christmasing my apartment although if we're being honest here, last year I didn't take down the garland above the living room bay window until like June.

Hopefully I will be more on top of things this year.

Anyway here I am back at work after a three day weekend that FOR ONCE seemed like a three day weekend. Probably because there was so much going on each day, that I actually got three days worth of things done, as opposed to the two hours worth of things I ususally spread out over the three days.

Suffice it to say all my gifts are unwrapped and put away and everything I got that needed to be put together is put together and everything that needed to be hung is hung and I did all this at like 7AM yesterday because god forbid my body EVER lets me sleep in when I don't have to work.

So now we turn away from Christmas and towards New Years and I have two questions for you:

1) What are you doing New Years. Neeew Yeeeaars EEeeeeve.
2) What are your resolutions?

I have no idea what my plans are...I know that I am making a "fancy" dinner for Adam and I in the early evening that will entail beef tenderloin, spinach + paremsan cakes and flambeed bananas over vanilla ice cream. But our late night plans are still up in the air. I do hope they entail a local party and dressing up. hint hint.

As for resolutions: I used to make tons of grandiose ones and keep none of them. If I have learned anything from the past it is that resolving Not To Gossip is an excercise in futility and i may as well resolve to be able to breathe underwater. It ain't gonna happen. So last year I resolved to be a better gift-giver (inspired by my friend Sarah who always gives The Best Gifts) and I think I stuck to that pretty well. So for this year I already plan on drinking more tea (I have all this lovely Green Tea that I bought from the Kam Man that i NEVER drink..and this girl needs her antioxidants) and I think I will also plan on sending more "real" letters/cards. And being better about returning/making phone calls. To reach the level of screening that I have reached is really kind of tacky.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

i hate the phone! i talk to my husband and my sister several times through out the day but i never call anyone else unless i absolutely have to. i much prefer IM and email for chit chat (or in peron of course!)

Frankie said...

Resolutions:

1. Graduate
2. Lose weight
3. Make some more friends.

I got a Cuisinart food processor from Santa too!

Oh, and the chip n' dip is not a crappy gift!