Pages

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

every day i arrive at work 10 minutes earlier than i have to be, so i can spend a little time relaxing, checking my email, drinking my coffee, etc... (i don't really mean to be early, its the traffic's fault. if i leave my house at 7AM i am 10 minutes early...but if i leave my house any later than 7AM then i am AT LEAST 10 minutes late. i don't get it...but i make the best of it)

at 10:30AM i take a mini break and walk to the mailbox to get the mail, take the long way back to my office stopping to get a diet coke at the soda machine.

and on my lunch break at noon i usually go shopping (food, window or regular) and i always buy myself a scratch ticket but i won't scratch it until i get back to the office, that way i have something to look forward to even though my lunch break is over.

i order/eat lunch around 1/1:30 and eat at my desk which seems like a break, even if i am working while doing so.

and at 3PM i like to either visit the snack machine for some twizzlers or diet coke, or else i take a small walk outside while pretending to go smoke a cigarette (just because i quit doesnt mean i dont deserve the breaks!)

and i try and finish all my work by 4:40, so that for the last twenty minutes of work i can play Noah's Ark on yahoo.com (which i am addicted to). that way, the part of the day that usually goes by slowest, goes by fastest.

so what do you guys do to make the work day go by quicker?

5 comments:

ErikWithaK said...

I read blogs and am frikken addicted to Collapse on Yahoo.

Anonymous said...

yetisports.org. They have a game where you use penguins as darts. Bejeweled, solitaire, messenger...I spent most of my time online. On really slow days I would do origami with the failed faxes... I used to get a scratcher everyday too! And when Paul and I became friends, before we were married, everytime he left the office I would tell him to pick up something for me. Little gifts from time to time, even if it was only gum, broke up the day.
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I want to look into volunteer work, but I didn't know where to start. I really appreciate the help. Have a great day! xoxo

Jenny said...

I blog, play crossword puzzles online and chat with my coworkers. On Thursdays I take as long as possible getting people's food orders for lunch and on Friday I take as long as possible doing my Friday project.

Beans said...

i help my co-worker when she asks me how to spell "Al", like the name...

e$ said...

nothing makes my day go by quickly. they are always slow.

.
s
l
o
w
.