Pages

Friday, May 27, 2005


The Pink Shoe Diaries Book Club

first of all, i just ordered Joel Derfner's Gay Haiku on Amazon.com and i am oh so excited for it. Andy reminded me yesterday of my love for Joel's blog and when i saw he had written a book i just had to have it. i love gay men and i love haikus. i expect to adore this book.




"English has no words
For what we just did in bed
Oh wait, "Tedious""
*********************************

second of all, I just finished reading Jacqueline Susann's "Once is Not Enough" on the reccomendation of Kristen. I loved it. How can one not love a heroine named "January Wayne" who is hooked on speed and in love with her has-been movie-producer father? Jacqueline Susann novels are the ultimate summer read. If you loved Valley of the Dolls, you will love this too. (i also JUST found out it was made into a movie in the 70s. Kristen, we must rent and watch, preferably with loads of wine)



next, i plan on reading "The Love Machine" because frankly, i can't get enough Susann.


*********************

And now, if gay haikus and trash-lit is not your style then i recommend you read Richard Russo's Empire Falls, which is legitmately a FANTASTIC book and one of my favorites of all time. I'm not going to write a review or anything, because that is not really my forte. Amazon, however loves writing and posting reviews so check it out here. and furthermore, HBO made it into a movie which will be airing beginning on SUNDAY which i am actually ridiculously excited about. check it out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE EMPIRE FALLS!! My sister called me bright and early this morning to remind me about the mini-series. Ed Harris as Miles!! How perfect! I can't wait.

<3Sasky

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love empire falls and eventhough it is getting bad/mixed reviews i will tape, watch and love it! i can't wait! <3 danielle

Anonymous said...

Love it! Bring the Haiku book to P-town! Funness! Also, I never finished reading Empire Falls ( i know, i know) so I will and then I will reply to your e-mail fo three years ago where you discussed what yousadi about the book in class (I still have it in my inbox!) I love you- Jacqueline Susann Summer Reading here I come!-andy b