Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

people who say Spring is their favorite season certainly got the shaft this year.

i didn't want to blog about it, because everyone is talking about it anyway. but i can't take it anymore. WHERE IS THE SUN??? i don't think i have seen it in at least a week, maybe even longer. and then yesterday I look on Weather.com and i see cloud graphic after cloud graphic and no end in sight (and by that i mean no end until next tuesday, at least)

and is it me or is it affecting people's moods? it is CERTAINLY affecting me and the people i work with. someone mentioned this morning that they don't like blueberry coffee and i nearly tore their head off.

and i haven't been able to wear ONE fun, flouncy spring-printed skirt this month! not ONE!

Mili Vanilli was right, I WILL blame it on the rain.

and now some fun facts about this lovely May in Boston from Boston.com

* we have had three consecutive cloudy May weekends

* weather forecasters say the latest problem, a spring northeaster that toppled trees throughout the area last night, won't start moving offshore until tomorrow and then only sluggishly.

*the average temperature this month has been 49.7 degrees.

*Normal is 57 degrees.

* by the end of yesterday, the sun had shone brightly only 37.4 percent of the time this month

*Typically in May, the sun shines 52 percent of the time.

(and none of you Southerners or Californians better say anything about how gorgeous it is where you are!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just this morning as I was getting changed I said out loud, "Look how tan I am! Too bad I can't show it off AT ALL." And then I threw on a button-down shirt, sweater, long pants, and sensible shoes. BOOO!!
- Sasky

p.s. I'd like to take this time to thank Lancome Flash Bronzer for my beautiful tan, even though the hubby and I are the only ones who get to see it!

Jaime said...

i heard on the news the other day that we are actually BELOW AVERAGE for rainfall in terms of inches of rain! this weather definitely makes me cranky, but at least i'm getting some good use out of my rain boots!

DementedPhotographer said...

The problem is, it doesn't rain when *I* want it to!

I want a refund.

-G

ashley said...

oh UGAgirl you musta been wicked weirded out back at the beginning of april...i got stuck in atlanta on my way to florida cuz of the 4 days strait of rain. im sorry to admit now i dont like atlanta all that much, but im im not really lieking NH all that much better right now!!

I WANNA WEAR MY CUTE SKIRTS TOO!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'd trade you a couple of days of LA sunshine for a couple of days back in Beantown. :)