Pages

Monday, May 16, 2005

here is where i complain about being sick
(if you're one of the few people who are not into hearing people talk about snot then move along)

guys, i don't feel well!!

my nose is very stuffy, my face hurts (i know, and it's killing you, HAR HAR) thanks to my oh so plugged sinuses, i have an earache, my joints ache, i am tired. you know it's bad when the idea of stabbing youself in the face to relieve the pressure appeals to you.

waaaah!

and it didn't help that for some reason last night even with the heat off our apartment was 78 degrees. and the fitted sheet kept coming off the bed and trying to attack me. and i couldn't lay on my side like i normally do because that made my face hurt even more. and there is now a 2 inch thick sea of used tissues on the flooe next to my bed because of my constant runny but somehow still stuffy nose.

waaaah!

and then i come into work expecting SOME kind of sympathy only to find that there are a million other people here sick too including my boss! she is going home at 10AM which means most likely i will not get to leave early today.

waaah!

my one bright spot in the whole day is that i have my fabulous new beaded coral/turquoise/lavender Christiana hobo-style handbag with me today, which i know is not work appropriate, but which makes me feel better looking at it.

EDIT

for the fabulous Miss Lindsey who requested a picture of the bag..the closest i could find is this other Christiana bag...



mine has the same straps (turquoise suede) and clasp and is the exact same shape. the only thing that differs on my bag is the pattern. mine is more more linear/striped, and is lavender, turquoise and coral colored. it is FABULOUS.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Call the Waaaaaambulance! It sounds like you should have stayed home today. Why is your purse not work appropriate? I hope you feel better.

Sarah said...

i don't know..i just don't think of a beaded bag as a "day" bag, but that could just be the dayquil talking!

LindsayLu said...

Please find a picture of the bag on the internet and post. ps, when we were at dink's I told you I waa getting sick and trying to ignore..yeah well, that didnt work. Sorry, girl, I feel you're pain.

Jenny said...

FEEL BETTER! I know your pain. :( But at least you have a hot bag to help you get through the day.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I really love your blog :) Second, I hope you feel better!! And third, that is a great bag. I love!