Pages

Monday, April 25, 2005

this weekend was a very good weekend.

first, i stayed in all night on friday to study for my statistics final exam and i am happy to report that i got an 89 on it, which leaves me with a B as my final grade in the class. so no more math for me, EVER again. (and yes, i said that when i graduated college but i really mean it this time!)

(and as a side note to people who may be considering taking classes for fun/further academic enrichment: stay far, far away from Saturday morning classes. yes, it is annoying to go to class after a full day at work during the week, but a Saturday morning class means only having one morning a week to sleep in, instead of two, it means not going out on Friday nights so you can be ready for class/exams and it means not being able to go away on weekends. we work hard during the week, and we deserve a full weekend to relax....my next class will definitely be a weeknight class.)

i am thinking of auditing an art history class next, just for fun. there aren't too many around here that happen at night, but i will keep checking things out. if you know of any good ones in the Boston area, let me know!

second of all, on my roster of fabulous things that happened this weekend, i got to spend some quality time with Andy in saturday night. he came over for beverages and then we went into the seaport district to visit Jill at her new/old job at the Blue Wave. she makes a mean dirty martini, let me tell you. we were there until after midnight, and then left for another Ashlee Simpson riddled ride home.

third, and perhaps most fantastic of all, i got some emails from my cousin Maia in Lebanon, and i spoke with my mom, and we will be making another trip to the "Paris of the Middle East" in June of 2006. this time i can only go for 2 weeks, instead of 3 (damn you, work!) but it will be fabulous nonetheless. Lili (ex Lebanese soap opera star/my mom's best friend) is having a new villa built for her family on the Jouniyan coast, and my cousin has just bought a new condo downtown so I will be staying with my cousin while my mom stays with Lili. i almost wish i didn't know we were going until later this fall, because the wait and anticipation will drive me nuts. but i am really excited nonetheless.

4 comments:

Raineydays said...

WOW. that sounds like a great trip.

yeah, your right about Saturday classes. They suck.

Anonymous said...

It would never cross my mind to take a class on a Saturday morning. Haha. But, I appreciate the advice, nonetheless :-)

I love good weekends. And you have made me jealous with your Lebanese talk. I think that it would be GREAT to go there!

-Samantha-
I had to revert back to Anonymous because I can't remember my user name and/or password on this thing. Haha. I hope you don't mind.

Jenny said...

That is so awesome about your trip! That is so amazing. And you've been there before? Nice!

AnnaB said...

Congrats on the Stats grade! I got a B in my stats class too. Maybe it's a family thing, we don't ace but we grasp the concepts enough.
Lebanon again? I'm jealous. Remember to complain about those damn A-rabs! ;-)