Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2005

sometimes, a well placed office prank can relieve all kinds of stress

my coworker, P, is on vacation this week. he is a very anal person. a great guy, and i love working with him, but he is very nit-picky about his work.

which is fine!

anyway, P had to entrust some very important work to me in his absence. i knew he really would have prefered to do it himself (that way he knows it's done right) but he kind of trusts me, since i have helped him out in the past and the world did not end.

part of this work is setting up and printing out and mailing out Very Important Contracts that have to be set up in a Very Specific Way with Lots of Attention to Detail.

and the idea for a prank started when my computer (which is haunted, might i add, ever since a new hard drive was put in) was printing things all f'd up. even though the settings were the same as always, and the print preview looked normal, it would print the whole page in a 5 inch square section at the top of the paper.

kind of like this




helpful for contracts needed by elves, but not so much for me.

and then my other coworker G says "you know what would be funny? if you cut those out and sent them with a teeny pen and a magnifying glass."

and then the wheels of my mind began to turn.

so i did print out one set of 5 inch contracts, and cut them out, and left a set of them on Paul's desk with a note "all set!".

let's see how he reacts...

6 comments:

Jaime said...

that is evil! awesome, but evil. lov it :)

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a good prank?!

I had this guy that I used to work with that was really anal about how he had things in his desk and everything. Anyways, he bailed out early one day (and none of us had things to do) so we covered....COVERED everything (down to post-it notes and candy he had) in, or, and around his desk...chair and desk included with aluminum foil (we had like 500 feet left over from our Christmas party). It was great. We all took pictures and he thought it was hilarious.

Let me know his reaction. Things like this can go either way.

-Samantha-

Anonymous said...

hhhmmm...I must be the anal, scary person since the prank was on me. My coworkers surrounded my desk with caution tape after an outburst. Granted the outburst was b/c some new people in our department decided they needed a chair, a trashbin and writing instruments and proceeded to take mine.

I think your prank is hilarious. I hope he does too.

e$ said...

i also think the prank is good!

For April Fool's, a coworker came up with the idea to take a screenshot of this desktop and then open it to full size, so that no navbars can be seen. My boss would have clicked and clicked and clicked and then died of confusion. But we didn't wind up doing it, which I think is too bad.

Anonymous said...

What a trickster! Damn girl, you gonna check your email today? Or are you just ignoring me ;)

Wardo said...

Wow....what a feminine blog. I don't know if I've ever seen one so "girly" before. Blogs are like fashion, I guess. They express who you are...

And mine is named, "Fast and Dumb", so what does that say about me?

-A