Pages

Friday, April 29, 2005

as we all know, i turned 25 fairly recently.

and if there is one thing i learned from my grandmother, it is that proper skin care comes first.

(i'm going somewhere with this, i promise)

i have been using facial moisterizer daily since i was 18 years old. i started off with Oil of Olay, moved onto Ponds until recently and then switched to Nivea Simply Glowing about a year ago



(which i totally reccomend. it really does give you a warm peachy glow)

but that bottle is nearly empty. and the wrinkles, they are a-callin' my name.

it is time to Get Serious.

so i am looking for recomendations from all you lovely ladies. i want something with SPF, something with anti-wrinkle components and something that smells nice, and not like Old Lady Cream (you know what i am talking about!).

in return, i will tell you that i bought the most fabulous hand cream yesterday:

Gardener's Hand Repair



it makes your hands instantly so soft, it is not greasy, and it smells very fresh and pretty. i keep it on my desk at work and use it a few times a day. i found it in the Beauty/Bath section of TJ Maxx but i hear you can find it at Brooks too.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, I am really going to end up with wrinkles. All I use is a moisturizer for my dry skin - it probably has some SPF in it, but it's so not tinted or anti-wrinkle or anything. :/

Anonymous said...

I find that I have to change my moisturizers every once in a while because I have very dry skin and 1.) after a while certain brands just stop working, 2.) I need different intensities for different seasons.

Right now I'm getting to the stage where I'm looking for a new one. But I've been doing pretty well with Nuetrogena Intensified Day Moisture, SPF 15. It's a cream instead of a lotion, which I tend to prefer.

But I'm pretty much in the same boat as Jenny. I just stick to ones that help my dry skin. If they have SPF/wrinkle stuff, cool. If not, oh well. I gotta work on that.

- Sasky

Anonymous said...

I'm only 20, and my oldest sister (26) just bitched me out about me not using eye cream. I don't use anything, but if I come across that, I'll give it a whirl. I'm not a huge fan of Nivea though (the consistency). I might ask my mom this weekend.

That Garner's stuff makes a lotion for your feet...wow. It's amazing.

-Samantha-

Anonymous said...

I like Proactiv everything because slathering oily stuff on my face makes me break out. I also love Cetaphil which a dermatologist recommended to me years ago and I think works great!

Erin said...

I'm 26, about to be 27 in June and I've had more than one person who hasn't seen me in a few years ask how it is that I don't seem to age a day. Those are my credentials, this is what I've been using: Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal eye cream (it's a little pricey, in fact I've been using a sample that's lasted for months), Clinique Total Turnaround moisturizer (it has an exfoliant in it that totally makes your skin glow) and for SPF protection I use Clinique Sheer City Block. I like the one in Golden, it has a bit of shimmer that really brightens my face. Make sure you wear sunscreen on your chest and hands too!! Those show age just as much as your face. Ever see those old ladies that have had face lifts but have splotchy, saggy decollete? GROSS.

Alyssa said...

Oh ladies - I feel so mature. I'm 30 - wrinkle-free, but sadly not acne free (usually a reminder that "the curse" is a comin').

Here's the thing - moisturize during the day, yes, please. But don't forget to moisturize at night. Once you're over 25 you might want to include a little night cream into the mix. Something with a little glycolic acid might do the trick. The thing is it burns a bit (acid!) and helps smooth your skin. But you have to ease into using it. Usually the instructions suggest using it every other night for a couple of weeks, then going nightly.

And dab, dab, dab around the eyes - but mix in a little of your regular moisturizer because most eye creams don't have SPF.