Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

well, jenny was right about the new shoe section at marshall's. i walked in the door of marshalls last night, feeling very stuffy and drowsy because of my newly acquired cold. the first thing that caught my eye was rows upon rows of gleaming new shoes, showcase DSW style in shoe-bookcases. I shrieked and clutched my mother's hand. she called me an idiot.(jacqueling does not mince, as we all know) i pounced into the aisle, poring over the petal-pink bcbg slingbacks, smoothing my hands over the liz claiborne leather mules, clutching the sascha stiletto sandals. i was in my church, and these shoes were my saints. i was torn between a gingham ralph lauren sandal, and a pink paisley mule. in the end, it was too much for me and i fled to the handbag section where the security of franco sarto totes and gucci clutches soothed me until i left, happily, with a new stripled FS bag that has a LIGHT inside that goes on when you open in.

while we were checking out. the women cashier became engaged in a somewhat random conversation with maman. first of all, my mother has the uncanny ability of engaging total strangers in personal conversations. this woman seemed upset and my mom asked her if it was because it was a long day and she replied "no, i had to put my rabbit to sleep today, i've had him for 5 years". my mom and i were appropriately empathetic, having lost dear Whiskers last summer. and the woman went on "it's just especially hard now, you know..it's almost Easter..and there are bunnies just everywhere!" and with that she began to tear up a little. it was so sad! but at the same time a little fuuny (is that evil?)my mom patted her hand and we left the store...

on a lighter note, i also went to Lush yesterday and bought 3 new bath bombs which i am excited to use. i am a girl who likes her baths...in fact i usually prefer them to showers (except a bath after a night of heavy drinking is never a good idea, since you end up steaming in what smells like hot gin/bourbon/whatever you were drinking last night). but these are extra great because they contain things like dried seaweed. roses, glitter, what have you. i'm sure my bathtub will be a scene when i am done, but at least i will smell real pretty ;-)

No comments: