Pages

Monday, March 15, 2004



so, i think i have lyme disease. i think this mostly because 1) my body hurts and 2) pogo has lyme disease, we found out. in reality, my body pain is more than likely due to the cardio skiing Adam and i participated in this past Saturday at loon (one foot of powder+ice patches that you can't see = an intense cardio workout/fight against broken limbs). but for drama's sake, let's say i have the lyme. "O deer tick! Why hast thou forsaken me!!!"

or something like that. anyway, this weekend went by too fast, as those weekends when you work fulltime (i have been out of school for 3 months but am still on my no-class-till-11am-sleep-schedule, is that lame?). anyway, friday night i dined with the braintrees at Casa Del Rey in hingham. its's a very cute mexican restaurant (think lots of skeleton decor) that has fabulous pina coladas. i had the grilled shrimp quesadilla, and i highly reccomend. afterwards i headed back into allston with jenny and matt to meet up with adam where we made haste to NH to prepare for Loon Part Two.

we attempted to get up early on saturday, but maganed to bum around uneil 8:30 or so, before heading for the white mountains. now, here is the sucky part: i forgot my ski jacket!! i attempted to buy one at a ski store in Loon but the sales lady basically told me that unless i wanted to shell out $150 for a shell (which i have at home!) i was S.O.L. she was all "you are going to freeze your ass off, i feel so bad for you.". this pissed me off, because shouldnt you be mroe optimistic to me, a paying customer? how about "i'm sure you'll be fine" or "it won't be that bad". but no, i get "you will most likely die of hypothermia..sorrs!".

anyway, it ended up not being that cold at all. i was FINE, thank you very much. Adam is a much better skiier than myself but he was patient with me at least. We hit a bunch of greens and i was feeling okay about the conditions. the thing is, i am only a good skier if the conditions are PERFECT and this was simply not the case this weekend. In some spots there was over a foot of powder and i could barely see the top of my boot! and then alll of a sudden there would be a patch of pure ice. That mountain is pretty uppity, i tell you. I managed not to fall, except for the minor incident of me "forgetting" to get off the ski lift and having to jump for my life. it was really more funny than anything else, although i do have a war wound of a bruise on my hip. i earned it though!!

after we skiied all we could ski, we headed back to Adam's to shower and change and head to the Monarch's game where i am happy to say that I am no longer a curse to the team (the only times they have lost have been the three times that i was at the game). but they killed this time (3-1) so i am not a curse. sweet! then, as if we hadn't already done enough, we headed over to the Waltham show at Millie's in Manchester where the gin and tonics flowed like wine and i discovered that i don't hate all punk or punk-related music. I actually bought the Waltham CD. I am out of hand!

So now i feel kind of like crap. I suppose this is the price of running around like a crazy person all Saturday...i am old you know, my body weary!

No comments: