Pages

Friday, March 12, 2004






I was so early for work today. I am supposed to be at work at 9AM and I waltzed in the door at 8:30. You would think that I would have used this downtime to get a headstart on my work for the day, but no, instead I opted to leisurely eat a croissant, check out the jimmy choos at saks.com and make some phone calls (none of which were business related). I’m so dedicated, it makes me cry.

Speaking of dedicated (kind of) a change of career is in the foreseeable future for moi. I was offered a positon in the rental department of my company which means next weekend I am taking a 24 hour course at the end of which I will be ready to take my Real Estate Exam at the end of which I will be a certified Real Estate Agent. Here is what I have done to prepare:

1)Picked out shoes I will be able to afford on a better salary.
2)Picked out adorable “thank you” cards to send to happily satisfied clients.

This is not definite, you understand, I am supposed to think about it this weekend and give a definite answer on Monday. Monday is also the night of my “networking” event at Vox Populi. Round table discussions+ open bars = highly enlightened discussions, don’t you agree? And that might provide other oppurtunities as well. I am going to be at a table with the president of the Democratic State Convention Commitee so hopefully I will be able to shmooze myself in.

A man just called me and asked for one of the agents, who happens to be on the phone. I directed the man to the agent’s voicemail and he said “can I just call back?”. Like what am I going to say “I’d rather you didn’t, sir”. People are so overly cautious. I, for instance, would say “Never mind, I will just call back”. Then again, I am assertive as all hell..much like pauvre Heidi who was summarily (and unfairly) dismissed on The Apprentice last night. As of last night, I find that show highly unfair, and I find Carolyn to be a seething bitch. Although I suppose looking like a cross between an eagle and an albino will do that to a person.

No comments: