Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Right now I am so tired that even the venti coffee sitting on my desk can’t help me now. My fatigue was well earned though, so I suppose I am okay with it.

This weekend was spectacular, from start to finish. I left work early on Friday because adam was sweet enough to drive down and pick me up in Boston for our weekend extravaganza in Lincoln NH otherwise known as “Braintree goes skiing!”. We took our time driving up, made a stop at the Mall of New Hampshire for dinner and last minute shopping and at his parents for a quick hello. We arrived at our condo for the weekend to find that Jenny, Matt, Diana and Sarah had already arrived. The place was breath taking! 4 levels of lush wall to wall carpeting, loon décor and gorgous mountain views (can you tell I have been writing real estate ads all morning???). shortly after our arrival, Jeannie and Capella arrived and the crew was complete. We set down to business making pina coladas, and attempting to play a game of Cranium, albeit completely incorrectly. We retired early for what we thought would be a full day of skiing but alas, it was rainy and foggy out on Saturday. Jeannie, Adam and I arose early to watch “Face Off” and eat breakfast, and upon surmising the true crappiness of the ski conditions, we all decided to skip the mountain today and Adam and I headed to the North Conway outlets while the others busied themselves with laying around the condo, watching TV, exploring the town and playing battleship ;-)

What can I say about outlet shopping? It is perhaps my favorite pastime. I came away woith 5 shirts and 1 pair of pants and still spent under $80. I rule.

That night we all headed to the Woodstock Inn for dinner, where we were given our own private room (VIP! Not You Motherf*cker!). We were quite the rowdy bunch, thanks mostly to pitchers of beer and huge martinis. The rowdiness continued back athe condo where the strawberry margaritas flowed like wine as did the Britney and Frank. We took scads of pictures which I will post shortly..We crowded around the TV at 11:30 to catch the elegant Mr. Firth on SNL but all managed to pass out before it was over.

The next day we arose early and hit the slopes. The day was perfect: sunny and not that cold, and although the conditions were a bit icy in spot it was all in all perfect skiing. Here is what is weird though: when I was younger I went skiing a lot, usually 4-5 times a season and back then I felt really comfortable about it. This time, however, was the first time I had been skiing in about 6 years and it was amazing to me how little confidence I had in my ability. I was literally petrified of falling! Poor Adam, had to ski down the bunny slope with me a few times and then listen to me b*tch all the way down a green circle about how I “hated this”. By the end of the day though, I was a pro and I am happy to report that I didn’t fall, even once!! For some reason we kept yelling "Cheers Queers!”as we skied down the mountain…I think we have watched too much Queer Eye….who am I kidding, you CAN’T watch too much Queer Eye!. Anyway, we ended up having so much fun, despits my initial hatred of the mountain, that we are going back for the day this Saturday. I am going to conquer that mountain if it is the last thing I do!

So, I stayed at Adam’s Sunday night with the full intention of going to work the next day. This proved not to be in the cards, however, I woke up Monday morning and felt like I had been kicked several times by someone wearing an ice skate. Adam shared my sentiment and we called into work and fell back asleep for a few more hours. Once we were fully awake, we sucked it up and managed to go to the movies (starsky and hutch) and take a tour of the Budweiser plant in Merrimack (complete with 2 free beers and shopping trip to the gift shop) and then went on a mini beer hunt for the elusive Michelob Honey Lager (no such luck - does anyone know were to find it?? )before finally going to bed at a respectable 9PM.

So here I am at work today, exhausted but slightly excited about a self-inflicted 4 day week.

No comments: