Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2004

sometimes it's funny to me how much i have to BS in order to be successful in my job. i think in all areas of sales there is some BS entailed, however i am a pro-active liar. I contact people through craigslist, bostonapartments.com and a few other websites and trick them into listing with us. luckily i am a master BS-er. however, sometimes i am caught of guard by people who are hip to my game. here is an example: my end of the convo is in bold and his is in italics. note how his tone changes throughout the exchange:
***************************************
Hello, I'm contacting you regarding your apartment listing on Craig's List. I work for *** Real Estate Group and I would like to talk to you about listing your apartment with our rental agency. We get several phone calls a day from people looking to rent in the Cambridge area, and we would love to be able to show your apartment. If you're interested please give me a call at *********. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your time!
> > > Sincerely, Sarah *******



HEY SARAH:
> >
> > FUCK OFF!
> >
> > PEOPLE WHO GO TO CRAIGSLIST DON'T WANT 3RD PARTY INTERVENTION.




well, some people do because i get alot of postive responses. sometimes if you can't rent your place on your own it helps to list with a rental agency or 2 or 3. obviously you are having no problem renting your place(s) so congratulations. thanks for your time and have a pleasant day
> >
> > - sarah


Hey Sarah;
>
> If you're hurtin' for clients...why don't you just say so?
>
> I would be happy to send you a list of prospects I (at the moment) can't accomodate. For a fee of course.




I appreciate the offer! However my boss is not about "fees", at the moment. thanks though, and good luck with your properties :-) - Sarah




You're cool and level-headed, that's what I like about you. If I wasn't intimate with with my girl, I would have invited you out for a drink (no martini here) by now.

Knock 'em dead.



****************************************
you see what i mean?? and this man is actually a millionaire who owns a ton of property in the Cambridge/Somerville area. and yet he throws the F word around in company emails like it ain't no thang! it makes you think, doesn't it?

No comments: