Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

it is a pity that one cannot be honest at work.

for instance: when dillon-the-manager phoned up to my desk and requested that i sort the listings for the day: i wanted to say "sorry dillon, i am about to be outbid on ebay and i simply must have this christian dior messenger bag". instead, i woefully clicked off the browser and replied "be right down". i tell you, it is a shame that honesty has no place in today's work place.

i did get the bag though, i was done sorting at 5:06 and bidding stopped at 5:07 and although it was a bit scary for a moment, i succeeded and only spent $17.50 more than i wanted to. woo-hoo.

now for the drama (because you knew there would be) of the day

i had lunch today with the divine miss jill at uno's on boylston. the two bloody mary's i imbibed must have made me careless because i lost my wallet on the way back to my office. "what?" you say...."wasn't your wallet just stolen a few months ago? how could you have lost it yet again?". yes, it is true. i have terrible luck with wallets. and this was my brand spanking new pink wallet that i bought this weekend when i was on a pink spree ( pink wallet, pink gloves and two pink shirts..oh my!). i actually didn't realize i had lost it until 5PM when i went to find my T Pass. It was then that i remembered that the last time i had it, it was in my pocket while i walked down newbury st. blast! so after some muttered expletives and a severe dishevling of my desk i made my way to the T. luckily it occured to me to check my messages at home, which i did, and to my delight a gentleman named Bert had found my wallet, and to top it all off his office is down the street from mine. so i whisked myself down the street and claimed my wallet with all of it's glorious money in it. and on top of all that, kind Mr. Burt gave me a pink baseball hat with his company's logo "Life is Good" imprinted on it.

life IS good!!!

No comments: