Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Yesterday i took my beautiful cousin Maia out for coffee because she is leaving for college this weekend and although she will be attending Mount Holyoke she will inevitably be partying at Slamherst so I had to make sure she had the proper information all girls need when preparing to attend college in the vicinity of UMASS such as : the definition of "roofies", the price of condoms at the health clinic vs the price of condoms at the Amherst CVS, the rules of Beirut, and last but not least - the necessity of staying away from any and all boys sporting a white hat. These are the things I wish someone had told me about before college.

I like to sum up my responsibilty as an older cousin with a Catherin Aird quote "If you can't be a good example then you may as well be a horrible warning"

I spent most of the day at the Wrentham Outlets (cue the hymn) with Jenn. I have yet to find perfect khakis, but I will make do with perfect shirt, perfect skirt and perfect underwear. I swear, all I post about these days is shopping and it is becoming a little sick. Thank god school starts in a few days and then at least I can pretend to be a person with deep and meaningful thoughts beyond hemlines and kitten heels.

No comments: