Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

today i was looking around in my newly cleaned and organized attic and i stumbled upon a chess set that i bought when i was in Kenya over 8 years ago and apparently never unwrapped because it looks new new new and i have not seen it since around August 1995. Granted, the chess pieces are mysteriously missing but the board itself is gorgeous. I remember thinking i got a good deal on it and then returning to my group and finding out that, as usual, i have no idea how to bargain.

so the story of the day has to do with the team of construction workers across the street. They have been residing my neighbors house for about a week now and I have not until this morning spoken to any of them. First of all, there is something to be said about me and that something is that I am completely witless and zombie-like in my pre-coffee state in the morning. This morning my brother woke me up at the ungodly hour of 7:00AM to drive him to work, so i stumbled, clad in nightgown and barefoot to the car and did the assigned task. It didn't seem like a big deal, the nightgown is more or less a modified sundress and it's not lacy or see through or anything. Apparently this was a signal to the construction men across the street that we are now going to be friends because later this morning when i emerged in a more clothed state one of them was sitting on my steps and one was sitting on my car and both attempted to engage me in some sort of conversation. The one on my car told me "I'm not a morning person either" which means he either knew what I was wearing earlier was a nightgown, or else he heard me screaming expletives at my brother when he woke me up. So now we are all good friends.

No comments: