Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

i finally signed up to take the GREs: October 6th at 4PM. I'm ready, baby, bring it on!

so, in an unprecedented turn of events i have done the unthinkable (for me): i have purchased not 1 but 2 pairs of jeans! i haven't bought a pair of jeans in about three years and neither myself nor anyone i know can tell you the last time i wore a pair. i just have some kind of mental block against jeans, i don't think they're flattering and i am not a by and large very casual dresser...well, that is until today. it really started with a pair of cream colored kitten heeled pointy toed heels that i bought in Lebanon (with matching bag) that i initially thought would look great with jeans, if only i wore jeans. Then, in a related story, i went to Old Navy today for the first time in over a year and discovered that there "long" jeans really are "long", unlike The Limited who thinks that they are fooling me with their capri-like "long" pants. So to make a long story shorter, the jeans were long enough, dark enough and looked fabulous with my cream-colored heels so there you have it. i now wear jeans.

so, in trying to fill my days with productive things, i went to the dentist yesterday and looked into having my front teeth filed, which i can't tell is because of extreme vanity or just plain old boredom. And then i went for my 2 o'clock appointment at the Red Cross to give blood and was TURNED DOWN. this is embarrassing, because when you are led away from the blood-giving chairs it looks as though it was discovered that you had a seedy and prolific sexual history, when in reality I let it slip to the woman prepping me that i was having surgery in September and she told me i had better hold off for now. I was like "Can't you just take some? I have nothing else to do today!" But alas, I was evicted from the center and told to come back in two months.

and now i must tell about my new obsession: The FX show Nip/Tuck! I am so grateful that there is a marathon this week so that I can catch up on what I missed while I was away. Christian is my favorite!

No comments: