Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Things that are pissing me off today

The Smoking Ban in Cambridge. ---what the fuck? next it will be quincy for christ's sake. and those non- smokers are just oh so smug. Non-Smokers are to Smokers what Liberals are to Conservatives, in that one party is in favor of letting everyone do everything (i.e. smoke or not smoke, have a gay wedding or not have a gay wedding) and one party is only in favor of their side of things (no smoking! no gay weddings for anyone!). How in the hell can you be expected to discuss anything over drinks without a cigarette to wave around! It's unthinkable.


Closed Senate Hearings/ WMD in Iraq : How is a closed hearing supposed to alleviate any concern over this? The very presence of concern and doubt indicates a fundamental distrust of the administration, and I don't see how a hearing into which the public has no access other than the word of the people we are not believing in the first place is going to do anything. What's wrong with the Democrats! They need to get some balls and fast, or maybe Darrell Hammond is right, and the only way they could ever win the 2004 election is to lower the voting age to 6 and nominate Spongebob Squarepants. At this point, I would vote for him.

Martha, Martha, Martha! I am tired of hearing about this woman. So she saved herself $45,000 with a little bit of insider trading? Big deal. I have two things to say about that: 1) Note that she isnt even being tried for insider trading, but for trying to cover her ass and lying. She should have pleaded the 5th, since insider trading is virtually impossible to prove in court. But regardless, this can't be worthy of CNN updates every 10 fucking minutes. If this keeps up I'm going to start giving out "Free Martha!" t shirts. 2) Where the fuck is Ken Lay? What's really worse: getting a tip and saving youself what amounts to about 1/50 of your income, or screwing hundreds of your employees out of their pensions?

Really, every time I turn on the news I get so mad, and now, having read this month's Rolling Stone Interview with Jon Stewart, I realize that the solution to this problem is that I need my own TV show. Maybe I will go to New York and persuade him to hook me up.


No comments: